♔ 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 ♔

WARNING
This story contains and mentions lot of sensitive topics such as: anxiety, depression, other mental illnesses, suicidal thoughts and behavior, suicide, violence, sexual assault and abuse, substance abuse, neglect.

There are also mature themes such as: strong language, sexuality, and ideologically sensitive topics.

If any of the topics above are triggers, please think twice before proceeding. From this point on you are reading at your own will.

KEEP IN MIND
In addition, this book does not romanticize mental illness because love does not fix people. It is centered around growth and character development. There will be dorky moments and some romantic moments. However, if you like stories that are just fluff, I'd advise you to reconsider.

Also, the story is a slow burn so expect the relationship between character to grow over time.

PLEASE CONSIDER
The quotes at the beginning of each chapter correlate with the chapter and at times helps explains concepts and how certain characters feel/think.

SIDE NOTE
| | | = Time Skip
| | | Author's POV | | | = Point of View
                                 Switches

____________________________

"You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of." —Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, author, motivational speaker

||| (F/n)'s POV |||

"Oi, Eiji, breakfast is ready! Hurry up and come out!" I shouted at him. I wondered what was taking him so long any way, he was eight what more did he need to do than shower.

Finally, he came out with a new hairstyle, he had slicked his hair back like the guys from one of the old 50s movies we watched.

Oh, lord.

"Nice hair." I said sarcastically. "I have one question: why?" I took a sip of my coffee.

He casually jumped up to sit on the chair with the hot plate in front of him. "It's a new school year," he popped his collar, "I have to show Sara that I'm a man now." Eiji stood the tallest four-foot-four he could be with his chest out.

"Sara, huh? You've liked her since pre-school." I commented. "You still haven't told her about your little crush."

Eiji blush started at his toes and rose to his face. I could see smoke coming out of his head from embarrassment. I arched my brow in amusement. I spoke once again, "Let me give you some advice. You don't need to change who you are for anybody because you are great... even if you're an idiot." I fixed his collar and ruffled his hair so it was back to its natural mess. He yelled and fought with me.

He clicked his tongue at me and crossed his arms in annoyance. He started muttering, "I'm not an idiot. What type of advice is that? That's funny coming from someone who's never had a successful relationship."

"Oi, oi, oi. Why you little-"

Eiji booked it and ran away from him while calling me an idiot. This little shit. Unluckily for him, catching up was a breeze. I trapped him on the ground and wrestled him until he begged for mercy.

The rest of our morning went on, we ate breakfast and headed out the house. Before, going to my school I had to drop Eiji at his school. We walked to his primary school together.

I knelt down to his height.

"Remember to be yourself. And with Sara, make sure you treat her like your friend. Don't listen to the movies. The guys in those 50s movies saw girls more of an object than people. If you want Sara to like you treat her like your equal. 'Kay?"