twenty six

"I'm fast you say?"

I narrow my eyes at Erik, raising my eyebrow at the audacity he had.

"You don't think we couldn't smell his pheromones? There was also a lot of banging around-."

"One, we didn't do anything like that in there...that's disrespectful, I'm not you." I snap at Erik, and I see him gasp in surprise to my snap back. "Not that it is any of your business what I do with him, but all we did was kiss. I shouldn't even have to go that far and say that much; but since there's you running your mouth I have to say something. My dads should know better, I'm not that kind of person anyway."

I look at the both of them, seeing them still look a little wary. Why would I lie about that? It also isn't their business what I do with anyone.

My eyes settle on my dad only, the one who was basically the same height as me. The Alpha one who really went onto me about not being an Alpha.

"Why does it suddenly concern you what I do now? I thought what I did didn't interest you guys in the slightest, especially you." I nod at him specifically, and he immediately frowns. "Am I wrong to say that?"

"Of course! I do care about what you do, you're my son." He looked taken aback by my statement, but I don't even know why. He shouldn't even be acting this way now.

I move my eyes back onto Erik, glaring at him. I don't know why the three of them were practically blocking me off from exiting. Before I could even try to do anything I see Maximus' shadow start to walk up beside theirs.

I found myself calming by that fact, and I saw them all begin to move to the side. That's when I rush out and I go towards him, seeing he was more calm.

"What was Erik's moronic question from earlier?" Maximus asks me calmly, having his eyes set on him. "I wasn't really able to hear it...I want to hear it again."

"King Maximus, please excuse my language, but..." Erik rubbed the back of his neck shyly, and I knew exactly what he was doing. This fake act...almost like some form of seduction. "It's not me that feels this way, so do his parents-."

"Speak for yourself, not for them." Maximus interrupted him harshly, causing him to just smile. I could tell Erik wanted to have this confidence, but it was faltering.

It was obvious his presence...I'm guessing, his pheromones were too much to handle. My father and Erik are both Omegas, while my dad is an Alpha; but they all reacted to it weirdly. I was the only one who didn't react.

"I think...it is an absolute waste and risk. What are the chances that a relationship like this will bare its right fruits?" He asks nervously and it was painfully obvious.

I found myself disturbed by his very question. Was he really questioning my...capability in being able to bare him...children? For some odd reason I found myself a little embarrassed because...he's right.

Beta females already don't really have kids that easily, but it's not impossible - it just takes time. For Beta males though that is a whole other story and completely other complications. I won't say it's impossible, but it isn't easy at all. It's too hard...and most people avoid that route...

Having to be with a male Beta...because of the complications and issues.

"So what?"

I flinch, looking at Maximus as he had his eyes narrowed upon Erik.

"What do you mean-?"

"Me wanting to be with Beau is greater than any other risk. I am willing to deal with all those issues and go through whatever I have to. What I choose to go through with him has nothing to do with you. What are you going to do about it?" Maximus questions him quietly, a very domineering-tone within his voice.