Brother/Sister time

Chapter 2

"Mary! Wake up!"

I heard Dylan yell just before I feel him jump onto me.

"Dylan get your fat ass off of me!" I groaned tiredly.

"Mom told me to wake you up and I know just how much you love mornings like I do." He responded with thick sarcasm.

"I wonder if we are really twins or if there was a mix up." I said as I chunked my pillow at his head.

"You know I wonder the same thing! We could not be more different then we are." he said thoughtfully.

"It was a rhetorical statement o'smart one" I laughed as I pushed him off my bed into the floor.

"Ouch! What was that for?! I just come to be a nice brother and wake up my sister only for her to be mean to me? That hurts Mary. That really hurts." he responded acting like he was crying.

I laughed as he made a big deal of getting off the floor and dusting himself off before throwing my pillow back at me.

"Well mom did send me up here to get you up. Mom is going to go get paint and what not so we can paint the house. She said if you don't get up your stuck with the the color your room is." he told me and left my room.

I looked around the room remembering the rainbow that had threw up in here.

Jumping out of bed I when to my box that had old shirts and pants in it. I didn't want to mess up the outfit I pulled out the nite before.

After dealing with all thing hygienic I got dressed in my old dark wash jean that had writing and tears in them and a old MCR tee. Once my shoes were on I made my way down to the kitchen.

"So she is alive!" mom smiled as I entered.

"Ha ha ha. Sorry I'm the only one in this family that is not a morning person." I replied with a small sarcastic smile.

I was only like this with my family. Our family was close even Dylan and I. We just fight and pick on each other to amuse ourselves.

"Well your just it time. I am ready to go get new paint and wanted you both to help me pick a color. The color of this house has to go. I mean who would make a beautiful house such an ugly color?" mom went on as I grabbed an apple.

"Haha! Have you seen my room yet mom? I think a rainbow got drunk and threw up all the colors in my room." I laughed out.

"Yea mom you should see it. Hey! Maybe we can keep the color of her room and put her in there if she is bad!" Dylan said happily.

I slapped him upside his head as mom just walked away shaking her head mumbling something.

"Ouch. Why are you always so abusive?" Dylan complains.

"I'm not." I shrug before walking out to the car eating the apple as Dylan complains about how I watch to much NCIS.

The ride to the paint store was not to long. We got out and we all went to look for our room colors first.

Mom went to look around as Dylan and I went our own ways to look for colors for our own rooms.

"Hello and welcome to Wall's paint shop. Can I help you find something?"

I turn and see a man in a paint smudged apron.

"Umm well I'm looking for paint to redo my bedroom. We just moved into this house and the walls are every color of the rainbow. It's just really bright." I said not real sure what to look for to cover up the mess on the walls.

"Ok. Any colors in mind?" he asks.

"Something dark." I answered almost right away.

"Ok then. Why don't you look over on the left wall. Let me know if there is any you like." he laughed.

I thanked him as he went to help my mom. Going over to the left wall. After finding a color I can live with everyday I went to help mom find one for the house.

"You find one you like Mary?" my mom asks.

"Yeah. It's a shade of purple." I shrugged.

"That's nice honey." she smiled.

"Got mine to. Now let work on the one we need the most." Dylan said walking over to us.

We all looked over the outdoor paints. In the end we all like this deep but bright grayish color. Mom got the rollers and brushes before paying. The man that works there, who I came to learn was named Tim Wall, helped us get all of the paint into the car. We all thanked him before heading back to the house.

~~~~~A week later~~~~~

Dylan and I fall out into the grass covered in paint.

"Finally done!" he yells pumping his fist.

Shaking my head at his stupidity I look at the house. It looked so much better then before.

We spent the whole week unpacking and painting the house while our mom went back to work.

We both decided to go clean up and watch some tv. After we were cleaned up Dylan went to get us some water while I found something for us to watch.

"Hey our show is on." I called to Dylan.

"What one is it?" he asked handing me a water.

"Ghost Adventures." I said before adding. "The Moon River Brewing one." I smiled up at him as he joined me on the sofa.

"Come on Mary. You have seen that episode of Ghost Adventures like a billion times. You only like it because Nick get partially possessed. Just like the one where Zak gets partially possessed by some chick." Dylan said.

"Ok first off that was in Preston Castle and second she was not some chick. Her name was Anna and was a housekeeper that was murdered by one of the boys in late February of 1950 at the age of like 50 or something." I replied.

"Ok that's more creepy then this show. How the hell did you you know all of that?" he asked.

"They say it on the show and I looked it up. Stuff like that is cool to me. Like that mental hospital in Norther New Jersey that they didn't tell us the name of. I know the name and everything." I said as I watch Nick start to act odd.

"You need a life Mary." Dylan shook his head.

After watching about five or six more episodes and talking about what we seen, I gave Dylan the remote. Making my way up to my room I looked around. It looked so much better. All my books were now on the bookcase, all cardboard boxes gone and no more rainbow puke.

Instead my room was now a bright, dark purple. On my walls were poster of Good Charlotte, MCR, Three Days Grace, My Darkest Days, Avenge Sevenfold and a bunch more. My prized Motionless In White poster that was signed by the band was at the head of my bed in a frame. There was also pictures of my mom, Dylan, Kelly and some that I took in photography class framed along my walls. All in all I was proud of what I got done in this week with Dylan.

Looking at the clock on my nightstand seeing that it was well in the night. So I changed for bed seeing as I already showered.

Once I had said night to Dylan I crawled into bed. My music playing lowly in the background as I laid relaxing.

That was in till I remembered what was coming in the next few days....