First day at a new school

Chapter 3

Beep-beep-beep

Beep-beep-beep

Beep-be

Crash!

Groaning I look down at the battered clock that woke me up, smiling slightly at the small dent I happen to inflict on it.

But that smile soon vanished as I recalled why there was an alarm to begin with......

School....

The week mom was working she also got Dylan and I enrolled into our new high school. Lucky for us, that week was a break for the students.

I crawled out of bed and jacked my music up. I jumped into the shower seeing as I was to tired the night before to take a shower at night like I always do. Getting out I dried of and got dressed in my light washed jeans and a band tee like I normally wear. I went to the bathroom and brushed My wet blonde and black hair out, I pulled it up into a messy bun then put on some black eyeliner trying to make my dull blue eyes pop. After putting on my black and red shoes that had a chain hook on them and skulls I was ready for this horrid day.

Did I mention that we are starting a new school in almost the middle of the year? If not then yeah. The middle of the year and we packed up and moved from half way across the country.

I grabbed my phone and backpack before heading to the kitchen. Mom and Dylan said at the bar talking about the new school and town. Dylan had already made some new friends that would be in some of his classes. No surprise there.

The only people I have met had been the pizza guy and the guy that lived across from us. Well that's if you can count that as meeting them seeing as I don't even know their names.... I was not ready for today. I am not one for change. I like change but this was just so much at once. All new people, new town, new school, new house, alot of new as you can tell.

" There she is. " Mom said with a smile when she seen Me.

" Shocking that you got up on your own this time in the morning. " Dylan smirked at Me.

I shot Dylan a glare as I grabbed a slice of toast off of his plate and bit into it.

Mom just laughed at us. We are not like most families. We don't have a dad and we hardly have real fights. We all get along great and for the most part tell each other everything. Our mom is one of them women that love their job more then anything so she never really went out on dates or looked for a guy. She didn't feel the need to, but she really wanted kids. She went to the doctor and talked about what she could do. After a while of treatment and doctor visits she conceived a baby by artificial insemination. Yet did she know till a few months later that she would be having twins.

This was never hidden from us. In a way it brought us all closer. She showed us that you can make anything happen, you don't have to hold back what you want because there is no one there. It made us love her even more. We are all about family.

Once I was done with my toast I walked over to the table where I left my coat the day before.

" So how are we getting to school? " I asked as I put My coat on and stuck My phone in its pocket.

" Are you taking us Mom? " Dylan asked as he put his plate in the sink.

Mom looked down at her watch and placed her coffee cup in the sick with the plate.

" Sadly I can't. I need to get going and my work is on the other side of town. There is a bus that stops just down the street. If you don't want to take the bus the school is about five blocks down and three over. I would drive you but I didn't know it was this time. School starts at 8. Try to be there. That's 45 minutes. Love you guys, be safe. " She said as she threw her coat on and grabbed her bag before giving us a hug and kiss and running out the door.