9 | enéa

when he comes back
don't you dare
forget how you
broke when
he left.

"Kayden," Ariel glared at the Asian girl that had dark sunglasses on, a casual t-shirt and dark jeans. She was forgetting they were a few days away from Christmas and it was freezing.

Not like it was unlike Kayden to not consider the weather before dressing up.

"What?" She asked innocently as she sketched away on her notebook. She was incredibly talented, everything she called nonsense were things Ariel admired.

"Do you really need another tattoo? I mean, you have so many that there might not be any space left for another one," Ariel frowned, but Kayden ignored her and continued sketching her dream tattoo.

"We're going on a trip around Asia. I'll make space," Ariel rolled her eyes at Kayden's childishness, but said nothing.

She was going to be spending Christmas away from Agape and Jasper to go on a getaway trip around Asia.

Kayden had her entire trip planned. Ariel? Not so much, planning was never her strong point, but she was sure of one thing.

She would do anything if they could spend some time in Europe. She had learnt from a former friend that after she had run off with Nick, her parents had waited for her for months - when she didn't come back they went on a trip back home in Greece. They hadn't returned yet.

Even though it had been years, the hurt was still there. She couldn't believe herself or the things she had done  to her family. The pain she had caused her parents and siblings.

And as much as she craved an opportunity for redemption, she also knew that it was probably best the way things were. Maybe one day, just not today.

They're both in a cute little restaurant that Kayden adores because the scenery looks divine at night. Although it's morning and their both waiting for their breakfast, when Ariel looks out the window she has to agree it does have a wonderful scenery.

"Do you want one?" Kayden suddenly asked Ariel, startling her a bit.

"Excuse me?"

"A tattoo, do you want to get one?" She eyes Ariel's skin, seeing it void of ink, "there's a lot of space on you, if you ask me."

Ariel laughed sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm not getting one, it's too painful."

"Ariel, nothing good can come out of something if you don't go through a little pain to get it done. Besides a few minutes in and you'll find it soothing."

"Spoken like a true masochistic."

A few minutes later their food arrives and Ariel can't seem to get her appetite, watching Kayden moan in delight while praising the pancakes may be enough for her.

She passed her pancakes to Kayden once she was sure she wasn't going to be eating.

They had a flight to catch tomorrow. And maybe it was just nerves, but Ariel felt like the world was crumbling underneath her feet.

×××

Ariel is at store picking up pasta for dinner. It's her turn to cook this week and with Agape overworking and Jasper doing after school clubs, she can only hope everyone will be able to make it.