➳ chapter six

sunghoon pov

"Did I ever have feelings for Hana?"

That's the only thing that kept repeating in my mind since last night. I never felt anything towards her, so why was I in a relationship with her?

Now that I think about it, Hana attended a different high school than me, she knew about my ice skating competitions and attended every single one of them to cheer me on.

But the thing is, I never even noticed her until university started. How did our eyes change color if I never even knew of her existence?

I then heard the sounds of shoes being put on the ground, I went to go check who it was, it was Kasumi. She was sitting on the floor putting on boots, I didn't think she was going to go out today.

I wonder what the occasion is.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously, hoping she doesn't ignore me because of Hana. She looked at me, her face was telling me to get away from her so Hana doesn't find out we're talking.

It's not like I cared if she found out anyways.

She was too busy trying to tell me to go away, she completely forgot to put on her other shoe. I went over to her and bent down, putting on her shoe for her and tying it.

"I don't care about her finding us. Just tell me where you are going." I stated while tying her shoes, I then looked up at her after finishing the double knot, "And be honest with me."

She opened her mouth slightly like she was about to say something, but she then closed it. Her eyes softened, showing me guilt, and then she looked down out of shame.

She wasn't going to tell me honestly.

My eyes softened, "It's fine. Just be safe and call me if anything happens."

Kasumi then looked up at me, her eyes still showing guilt. I then stood up and reached out my hand to help her stand up.

We stared into each other's eyes for a couple of seconds, she then turned around and waved goodbye. I waved back in response.

"Sunghoon, why were you talking to her?" An angry voice but yet familiar voice spoke behind me. I then turned around and saw nobody other than Hana.

"I guess Kasumi and I are going to be quite busy today."
_______________________________

kasumi pov

"Thank you, Dad." I thanked my father with a soft smile on my face. "No problem, sweetie." My dad replied, smiling before closing the door.

I was then left outside with a box in my hand. My grandma's box.

I went into my car and started going through the box. I was trying to find the book about my cursed eyes.

"Found you." I mumbled to myself, pulling out the dusty notebook and blowing away the dust. I then opened the fragile notebook to look at its contents.

I kept reading, I was looking for one specific thing. Something about eye colors turning gray.

I was able to find it, and my eyes widened the more I read.

***

gray eyes

"If your soulmate's eye color suddenly changes back to normal, and your's didn't. It means somebody has interfered with your bond."

"How does an outsider interfere with a bond? If your soulmate has somebody who is obsessed with them, obsessed to the point they think, imagine, and want to kill you."

"If your soulmate has somebody like this in their lives, your bond will be stripped away from the both of you. If you are the soulmate who doesn't have an obsessed person in their life, you will suffer."

"You will experience different kinds of pain. Not only that,"

"You only have one month to live."

"But there is a way to reverse this."

"If your soulmate knows that you are their true soulmate, the bond can be put back together, and you can be saved."

"But you just have to hope that your soulmate will realize this in time."

***

"One month." I muttered to myself, this confirmed a lot of things for me. Especially the soulmate thing.

Sunghoon is my soulmate, and I am his soulmate.

And there is only one person who can interfere with our bond, and that was nobody other than Hana herself.

But then who was Hana's soulmate?

I can't just straight up tell Sunghoon that I am his soulmate, it wouldn't work that way. I have to make him see it.

Not only that, I have a time limit. I have a whole month.

I put the notebook back in the box and placed the box in the passenger seat. I covered the box tightly and started driving back home.
_______________________________

sunghoon pov

"Hana, we never met each other before university. So how are we "soulmates"?" I asked suspiciously, I was suspicious of Hana.

"What do you mean? Our eye colors changed back to normal, is that not enough for you?" She answered back, completely offended. That just told me she was hiding something.

I slightly raised an eyebrow at her, I'm not surprised she was dodging my question.

I suddenly didn't want to be in the same room as her anymore, "I'm going to go inside the room."

I then made my way into "our" room, leaving her behind, hoping she wasn't going to follow me.

I noticed a drawer was open, so I went over to it to close it, but what I saw made me raise an eyebrow.

"Dark brown color contacts?" I muttered to myself, observing the contacts and that's when it clicked.

Hana used these contacts to make it look like her eye color changed. Like she had left her soulmate.

A small but familiar figure appeared outside the window, I moved the blinds to take a peak, and I saw it was Kasumi holding a box in her hand.

I immediately rushed outside to go and open the door for her.

I opened the door and she just looked at me weirdly. "Sunghoon, you really didn't have to." She said while walking in. "You're holding a box." I answered while closing the front door.

"It's my grandma's box." She smiled softly at the box that reminded her of her late grandmother. My eyes softened at the sight, she really loves her grandmother.

I felt like someone's gaze was glued onto Kasumi, I turned to see who it was, and it was Hana with her arms crossed while leaning on the wall.

I then looked back at Kasumi with a soft smile on my face, "I'll follow you to put the box in your room."

Kasumi looked at me weirdly again, she didn't seem like she was in the mood to really argue with me so she just walked towards her room and I quickly followed.

"I will find out your secrets, Hana."

"Does the grass feel nice?"

thank you for reading this chapter ! dont forget to vote and commenting is up to you. i hope to see you in the next chapter -sumire:) <3