「 aftermath 」

sunghoon pov

"Sunghoon?" A voice called out, slowly bringing me back to reality. I turned around slightly and saw Jake, but he was in a school uniform.

I raised an eyebrow before noticing I was also wearing a school uniform.

Actually, everybody around me was wearing a school uniform. The same school uniform. We were all wearing our high school uniforms.

I noticed a bunch of familiar faces.

The one thing that stuck out to me was what was written on the board, "Free time!"

"Wait.."

"Jake, what is the date today?" I asked my confused friend, "It's October 23rd. Why?" He replied, looking innocently confused.

October 23rd.

October 23rd, 2019.
(a/n : korean age system :P)

The day Kasumi breaks up with me.

Why am I here? What am I doing here? This has to be a dream..

"Sunghoon? Why are you looking around like you've been never been here before?" Jay asked, sitting across Jake and I while eating his lunch.

"It's nothing." I sighed, I looked outside and noticed the rest of our class outside. I noticed Kasumi was sitting next to Yuna and talking to her. Her smile was so bright. She was so happy.

"Looking at your girlfriend again?" Jake teasingly said, I turned around and rolled my eyes. Jake stuck his tongue out in response. I got up from my chair and prepared to leave the classroom.

"Woah! Where are you going?" Jay asked teasingly, I turned around and looked at them both with a pout, "I'm going to go see Kasumi."

"You're girlfriend~" Jake and Jay said in sync. I rolled my eyes and tucked my hands in my pockets. Making my way outside to the field.

Yuna noticed I was coming their way and she pointed it out to Kasumi. Yuna left the two of us quickly and Kasumi slowly turned around.

"Hi." I said awkwardly, knowing what's going to happen next.

"Sunghoon, I need to tell you something." Kasumi spoke, not even saying hi, but she sounded very serious.

"Yes? What is it?" I responded, looking into her two black orbs, trying to sound curious and not sound bland since I already know what she is going to say.

"Let's break up."

Even though I've already been through this once. It still broke my heart.

I didn't know what to say. I could go through this millions of times and still say the same stupid answer, "O-Okay."

"You're a fucking idiot, Sunghoon."

Kasumi turned around and started walking. Dragging herself lazily, I can tell she is pretty heartbroken by what just happened.

"No."

"I want this to be different."

I ran up to her and put my hand on her shoulder. But the moment I did, the scene completely changed.

My hand was still in the same position, but there was no Kasumi. I felt something on my palm, and I slowly turned my hand to look at my palm.

I have blood on my hands. I have human blood on my hands.

My heart started beating out of panic. I slowly looked down and saw a lifeless Kasumi laying in a pool of blood.

I collapsed on my knees and the tears started falling. I checked for her heart beat, her pulse, but I heard nothing.