f o r t y o n e

"Bro- he knows about us?" the boy jolted from his seat, body jerking forwards and she laughed before nodding her head

Saeron then shrugged at his question as she and Donghyuck were sitting in a cafe- the one Saeron usually goes to. "Oh thank God," Donghyuck threw his hands up in the air, relieved that Jisung had finally found out about them being related. "He freaked out for sure," Saeron grinned followed by Donghyuck who rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Asshole wouldn't shut up- now he's tasting his own medicine," the irritated boy mumbled, folding his arms as he looked anywhere but the girl, who was glaring at Donghyuck for what he just said.

Feeling a pair of eyes burning through his soul, Donghyuck stopped to look up infront of him, seeing a scary-lookin Saeron who squinted her eyes, "Who you callin an asshole?"

Donghyuck held his breath, zipping his mouth shut and cleared his throat when he realized who he was talking about. "Right- um- I meant your boyfriend couldn't stop threatening me to stay away from you," he blurted so quick that Saeron herself was puzzled, but one word Donghyuck emphasized was what she heard clearly.

"How many times do I have to tell you that he's not my boyfriend?"
"Keep lying"
"It's true!"
"Mhm, keep denying"
"Hyuck!"
"What!"

Saeron huffed an irritated sigh, shaking her head as she tried to bring the conversation bsck to where it's supposed to. "Forget it, we're here to talk about the meet-up remember?" she said, laying both of her arms on the table as she slightly leaned forward. Donghyuck inhaled a big chunk of air, holding it before harshly letting it go then nodded again.

"I told him about it. Old man's pretty overwhelmed, " he mindlessly asserted, making Saeron feel a little relaxed. The girl hasn't been sleeping peacefully for days just thinking about it, intimidated by the thought of her meeting an uncle she barely even remembered.

"Well- I'm overwhelmed," Saeron emphasized, pointing to herself and a grin came out of the boy's lips before leaning forward to pat her on the shoulder, "I know how odd life can be sometimes." The girl shrugged in response, agreeing with his statement.

"Oh yeah, you're meeting him next week on wednesday. Will you make it?" Saeron mumbled a 'yep' after seconds of recalling if she has something else to do- to which she didn't. "It's not like I'm busy anyway," she sourly said.

And a deal was made.

Next wednesday would be the day where she'd meet Sungjoon, a loving uncle she forgot that she had, the one that treated her like a daughter, the one that never knew she loved. Who knew it was Donghyuck's father? Someone that acts as the complete opposite.

Until they found out they're cousins- not anymore.

The two were in the middle of talking about random things when a high-pitched voice filled the air, "One iced americano for ms. Saeron!" At the sound of her name, she didn't even budge making the boy in front of her knit his brows in confusion, "Are you not gonna take it?" Saeron shrugged before shaking her head, "I don't want to."