intro

SUN KISSED

extended summary

Tanner has a part-time job at the popular ice cream parlour, Lickety Split. He's a hit with the customers and great at his job but, for some reason, his relationship with his co-worker, Austin, is a little strained.

It's not that they don't get along. At least, Tanner hopes not. He can never quite figure out if Austin really likes him or not and whenever he tries to build their friendship he can feel Austin pulling away.

Determined to understand what he's doing wrong, Tanner decides that he's going to start putting in more of an effort to be friends with Austin.

But as they spend more time together, he realizes that he may end up accomplishing more than he ever would've hoped.

info

Thanks for choosing to read! This is a light-hearted, summer story about friendship and a blossoming romance between two boys. It's a quick-read as I'm estimating there will only be around fifteen-twenty chapters and they'll all be relatively short ( 500-1500 words with an exception for the finale).

I hope this story lives up to your expectations and you enjoy your experience! I'm publishing as a way to get myself out of a writing slump as I figure it will trick my brain into being more consistent but we'll see :)

epigraph

❛ He smiled so that I could take his smile with me.
Philippe Besson, Lie With Me

dates

published — 04. July. 21.
started — 15. July. 21.
completed — 29. August. 21.

please read!!!

If you enjoy then please don't forget to vote on the chapters you like! It really helps me and my writing as it lets me identify weaker and stronger points in the story so that I can improve next time! It really is appreciated and it really helps a lot.

The same goes for any feedback or constructive criticism! I always see your comments and I'm always happy to respond to them! Please don't hesitate to comment if you have any questions or anything you think could be improved or even just thoughts about the story.

Your support is always appreciated. Thank you.

copyright

I hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, but do not copy this work!

I have had experiences in the past where people have copied my work or posted adaptions without my consent or knowledge. Therefore, if any of this is stolen then I will report the reposted story and block the account!

I also do not accept adaptations, translations or anything else. If you ever see this posted somewhere else then please inform me so that I can take the necessary action! Thank you <3

finally

I hope you enjoy your time here and, if you do, feel free to check out my other work! This was the first book I posted on here after a six year long hiatus so improvements are hopefully found in my newer books!

All my love and thanks,
Alex <3

other works

i. Cause for Concern (2021) — Professional disaster Max Oran learns to adapt to his new life after his dad kicks him out to his mom's and he's forced to transfer schools, finding himself a new group of misfits in the process.

ii. Pride & Joy (2021) — Nate Pembroke makes Denver Hughes an offer he can't refuse as they both attempt to cope with their own private losses.

iii. Third Time's A Charm (2022) — Exes twice over, Brooks Dawson and Archie Holland decide to take a third and final shot at love, risking their hearts and their friendships in the process.

iv. Love Thy Neighbor (2022) — Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's life turns upside down.

v. The Best of Us (2022) — Seventeen year old Tucker Bailey's life is spiraling out of control and he wants to get it back but the road ahead is a long one, and if Tucker takes a wrong turn then he doesn't just risk losing himself. He risks losing everything.

recommendations

If you're looking for work like Sun Kissed, I would recommend Love Thy Neighbor as the tone, plot and style are all the most similar. It is a light hearted, quick read about two boys falling in love and doesn't venture into any dark / intense subject matters. Perfectly suited for people who enjoy sweet romances or those in a reading slump looking for something fun and easy!

If you're looking for something darker or heavier in terms of plot, themes, style, etc. then all the other works on my profile fit this. Cause for Concern, Pride & Joy, Third Time's A Charm and The Best of Us all explore themes relating to abuse, grief, mental health and depression, etc. More suited for people looking for something a little more intense, drama filled and emotional.

If you decide to look, I hope you enjoy :')