eleven

AND just like that, Austin crumbled. All it took was to get to Tanner's and go through to the backyard like the text said, and there he was, the blazing sun.

His halo of hair was rich under the sun's eye and his golden, toned chest was exposed, droplets of water sliding down his body as he sat on the floor by the pool, stroking the golden retriever who had clambered out of the water as Austin had entered. One of his feet was swishing around, creating small whirlpools as he rubbed under the dog's floppy, yellow ears and grinned at him.

Austin found himself blinking in near disbelief, allowing his flooding eyes and his pumping heart and the surge of butterflies in his stomach to adjust the sublime sight in front of him; the angelic figure, his skin painted with kisses of the sun, his dark eyelashes flecked with glints of golden light, his hands vigorous yet with fingertips that flooded with such tender affection.

Before he could bring himself to say anything, the dog dashed clumsily towards him, his front paws balancing on Austin's torso as he jumped up and fell down and jumped up again, his tail wagging wildly. As soon as the dog's fur left Tanner's hands, his head cocked up towards Austin, his beautiful, pink lips spilling into a smile.

"Murphy, get down!" He scolded, gracefully pushing himself up off of the ground and approaching Austin, whose flooding adoration has found its place with the dog. He grinned sheepishly as he pulled Murphy gently but firmly towards him, "Sorry, he's a little excitable."

"He's okay," Austin said, chuckling as Murphy barked and Tanner pointed a warning finger at him. "I love dogs."

"I guess you're soaked already," he laughed, pulling Austin into one of those safe, soothing embraces and squeezing him, "so it doesn't matter if I hug you now, right?"

"Right," Austin agreed, melting almost pathetically under his touch and drinking in his fresh, fragrant scent as he rested his head on Tanner's shoulder.

Tanner ran a gentle hand over Austin's dark hair and planted a kiss on top of his head before releasing him. He cupped Austin's cheek and smiled at him, lacing their fingers loosely together and leading him towards the lounge chairs where the two of them sat, Murphy resting in between them on the shaded floor.

"There's another bonfire happening on the beach a little later," Tanner said, fiddling with the arms of the black sunglasses he was holding. "A ton of people from school are going. We don't have to go or anything, but I was thinking it would be something to do."

With nothing more than a glimpse into his eyes, Austin found himself sighing. How could he say no?

TANNER was all over him and Austin couldn't be happier. He cupped Austin's face like he was made of fine china and peppered kisses all over him; the tip of his nose, along his cheekbone, trailing his jawline, over his cheeks and his forehead. He kissed all over Austin like he was oxygen to suffocating lungs, like he was water to a dying throat, like he was a flame to frosted fingertips.

Austin laughed, throwing his head back as he playfully pushed Tanner away from him. They'd wandered to a secluded part of the beach, a small flat area of sand, surrounded by boulder-like rocks, hidden from the crowds who were enjoying their evening. Tanner had laid down towels for them so sit on, but it hadn't taken him long to find himself on Austin's, decorating him with devoted endearment.

"You're affectionate today," he laughed, blushing as Tanner nuzzled their noses together. Placing his hands on Tanner's chest, he gently pushed him away.

"Can't help it," Tanner said, taking hold of his hands and slipping his fingers through Austin's. "You bring it out of me."

Holding his gaze like it was a challenge, a competition, Austin couldn't help but smile. "I wanna go in the water."

Pushing himself up, Tanner held his hand out and pulled Austin up, grinning as he stumbled into him a little and the two of them stumbled together into the water, inhaling sharply and laughing at the freezing cold waves that lapped over their feet and pooled around their ankles.

He watched as Austin treaded deeper into the water, washing the sand away from his feet and shuddering as his skin adjusted to the unexpected swarm of cold. The tips of his dark, tousled hair were golden under the dying beams of the sunlight and his bronzed skin was soft and smooth, the dark abyss of his eyes adorned with aureate rings.

Without thinking about what he was doing, Tanner, ignoring the chill of the water, brushed Austin's hair tenderly away from his forehead and cupped his cheeks.

They were lost then; Austin crashing through the waves, Tanner sinking into the abyss. They were lost in touch, in sight, in scent, in thoughts of taste as the world collapsed into sand around them. There was nobody, nothing left. Only the waves, only the abyss and two pairs of eager pink lips.

Austin could feel his heart thrumming violently in his chest, heavy with the ache of his desire. They gazed at each other, into each other, chests rising and falling, the heat held between them intensifying with every passing second, every shared moment that they ran through each other's veins, pumped in each other's blood.

Tanner grazed his lips against Austin's and Austin nodded, his breath hitching beautifully in his throat.

And he kissed him and he kissed him and he kissed him.

Honeyed lips softened against each other; their noses brushing; Austin's fingers grazing over Tanner's hands, melting under the heat of his skin and finding their way to his wrists, gently squeezing. His lips were so soft, so warm, so tender and they moved with a feeling that overwhelmed him.

"I didn't know you were going to do that," he said stupidly, dropping his hands when Tanner's lips left his, leaving him feeling oddly exposed. Naked, even.

With a boyish grin, Tanner pushed his head away playfully. "I don't think I knew I was gonna do it either," he said, "but I don't regret doing it."

Austin didn't really know how to feel. He was over the moon, of course, but his thoughts were so blurry and incoherent, his head was so dizzy and everything felt distant, his knees felt weak and his blood felt like liquid gold. His skin was warm and his fingers ghosted his lips which were so sweet with love that he was almost convinced they were tingling. He was so lost in his poor attempts of grasping reality, grasping that he'd really been kissed by the boy who hadn't left his mind; his first thought in the morning, his last thought before he succumbed to sleep.

Sculptural fingers brushed loose locks of chocolate hair away from his eyes. "Say something," he said with a little laugh. "Do something."

"You're a good kisser," he blurted out.

When he laughed, he laughed with the freedom of a soaring bird, all the ebullience of a child on Christmas morning. His laughter was like a spell; enchanting, exciting, flooding with vigour and zest.

"So are you," Tanner grinned, his thumb padding over Austin's lips; his smile like a ray of sunlight. "How do you feel about going back to my place?"

NOTE

As long as everything goes according to plan, there are only four chapters left! Thanks so much for reading and supporting my work :') I hope you have a lovely rest of your day <3

If you enjoyed, please remember to vote and comment!

NEXT UPDATE

Sunday. 22. August. 2021.