Ch 6: I Think He Knows

He got that boyish look i like in a man- taylor swift

p.s please dont come for me i read tts to long ago to remeber wtf town looks like and the ppls names so im making it up as i go

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clifford walks in pace with Louis and Harry as they walk across the smooth cobblestone pathway inbetween the buildings.

"What exactly do you need?" Harry asks as he leans down to pick up a discarded cup off the ground and throws it in an actual trashcan.

"Not much" Louis reaches in his back pocket and pulls out a crumpled piece of paper that harry can only assume is a list , Louis tiries to smooth it out a bit before handing it to harry.

There's only a few items written on it in what harry recognizes to be Louis scrawny hand writing, harry reads thru the shopping list.
*milk
*bread
*eggs
*bacon
*pens
Harry folds up the paper neatly and slips it back into Louis back pocket.

"What do you need pens for?"

"The pen I've been using at the front desk recently ran out"

"You could've asked me I literally write songs for a living I have multiple pens"

"I didn't wanna bother you"

"It wouldn't have bothered me tho"

Louis just shrugs before speeding up and walking into the grocery store In front of them harry quickens his pace until he's in line with Louis again "your ridiculous"

"I'm ridiculous for buying my own pens?"

"Yes"

Louis rolls his eyes before picking up a basket

"What about Clifford?" Harry asks

"He knows to wait outside"

Louis starts to weave his way around the store with harry close behind him. He picks up a loaf of bread and puts it in the basket but harry switches it out.

Louis stares at the new bread in the basket then slowly looks up at harry and stares at him mouth agape

"Please tell me you did not just switch out white bread for whole fucking wheat bread whothe fuck eats that"

"I do"

"No just no you can do your yoga shit and meditate when you get up at 6 fucking am and I keep my remarks to myself but I will not sit here and eat whole wheat bread alright, I love you but not that much"

Harry chuckled before picking up white bread and putting it in the basket "let's just get both then"

"Idk who tf you think I am styles but I don't have the extra fucking money to buy two loaves of bread"

"I do"

Louis scoffs and walks away

Harry follows Louis into the office supplies section where Louis picks out a pack of rainbow pens and place's it into the a basket

"I'm glad I went today this is the last pack of rainbow pens and I like to keep everything color coordinated"

"Babe, I said I can give you a pen, I literally have an unopened packet of those pens in my bag you don't have to buy any"

"Nah" Louis starts to walk away but harry runs up to him and pulls him back by his waist, louis stumbles back into Harry's arms.

Harry leans down and whispers in Louis ear "let me give you a fucking pen"

"Harry let go of me"

Harry signs and let's louis out of his grip, louis smiles triumphantly and happily starts walking away but harry grabs the pens out of the cart and takes off running

"HARRY" louis shouts before putting the basket on the ground and running after him

Louis chases harry in and out of isles many other customers laughing at the young couples shenanigans. Every time louis thinks he lost harry he hears his loud boyish laugh erupt from an isle nearby.

soon enough louis is close enough to harry so he jumps up on his back. Harry yelps in surprise before stumbling to the ground, louis twists around until he's on top of harry and pinning his arms above his head and he looks around for the pack of pens; when he hears Harry's chuckle that when he realizes.

"You fucker" louis says "you ditched them along the way"

"Mhm" harry replies happily

"Ugh fine I'll take your pack of pens"

"Yayyy"

Louis tried to stay pissed but seeing harry smiling under him with his cute little dimples made Louis just wanna kiss him so, he did.

Harry smiled into the kiss

"What was the for"

"Your cute" Louis simply replied before hopping up

Louis grabbed Harry's hand and helped him up "I'm gonna go get the eggs can you grab the basket and meet me there?"

"Sure thing love" Harry leans down to give Louis a quick peck before trotting over to the office supplies section

A few minutes later harry is standing in front of Louis holding the basket out while Louis places the eggs, milk, and bacon without smashing the bread.

"Ready?" Louis asks

Harry nods so they start walking to check out

Louis places the items on the counter; the worker scans their items, that'll be $27.65

Louis goes to reach for his wallet but harry grabs his hand "please let me pay"

Louis rolls his eyes "fine" he only agreed so easily because he knew harry was willing to cause a scene just to be able to pay for Louis

Harry pulled out his wallet and looked thru it for a second before looking up at the lady "do you happen to break hundreds cause that's all I got"

"Oh my god" Louis groaned before putting his head in his hands

————————————————————————————————————————————

It's not much but I wasn't really in the mood to write today

Hope you liked it and don't forget to vote <333

(961 words)