1. Draw Somebody

a/n: what's up bestiessss i'm back with another story!!! i actually wrote this a few months ago so i apologize if the writing isn't as good as some of my other works. anyways some things: this story mostly follows the canon plot but there are mentions of other events and characters that were not in the show. that is on purpose! there is a planned sequel that has MAJOR canon divergence and basically rewrites a lot of the plot and backstory of the show because aot makes me sad :( lastly i personally think of this as another reincarnation of the crew from promise, although all of their personalities are quite different, and there will be no mentions or references to promise, so it's not necessary to have read that before or anything. however, that means that yes, tullia will be present again. although she does not show up in this story besides being mentioned, she is very important especially in the sequel. OKAY that was a really really long author's note anyways i hope you guys like this!

disclaimer: i do not own attack on titan or any plot, characters, settings, etc. that you recognize — that's all hajime isayama's. my original characters and whatnot are mine though 😁 

"It's going to fall off," you said to Colt, who was adjusting his armband. It was far too loose, and Commander Magath would throw a fit if it came off during this special meeting he had called for just the two of you. After the most recent battle that you had won, thanks mostly to Gabi's efforts, he had said that he needed to talk to you. It was nerve wracking, honestly, not knowing what he wanted.

You and Colt were Warrior candidates. Unlike the others, you were seventeen, and you had been training for much longer than them. They were only twelve, of course, so it made sense. Colt was hoping to inherit the Beast Titan, in an attempt to save his family, which had been disgraced when his uncle was discovered to be an Eldian Restorationist. You had signed up because of your parents, who both worked long hours, your mother as a housekeeper and your father as a gardener.

Even though you wanted to be a Warrior, you knew you would never be as good as Colt. He was on a different level entirely – strong, loyal, and brave. It was almost a guarantee that he would become the next Beast. You would have trained your whole life for nothing, but how could you resent him when he was your best friend? You had grown up together. You could never feel anything but pride for his abilities.

"Can you fix it, then?" he said, offering you his left arm. You shook your head with a soft laugh and gently adjusted the yellow fabric with its white star. The yellow marked you as Warrior candidates, as opposed to regular citizens, but the star reminded you that you were Eldians all the same.

"Ready? I wonder what the Commander wants," you said as you began walking into Headquarters, worry entering your tone. Colt put an arm around you and gave you a comforting squeeze before letting go.

"It'll be alright. It's not like we've done anything wrong. He's probably just going to brief us about whatever the next mission is before they tell the kids," he reassured. You supposed this made sense enough. You two were considered leaders amongst the Warrior candidates, and you generally found out about things before the others.

"Yeah, you're right. No sense in worrying, anyways, it's not like it'll do anything. We'll find out soon enough," you said with a nod. Colt hummed in agreement.

"That's the spirit. It's going to be alright," he said again. That was how Colt was. When you were with him, you knew nothing bad could happen.

When you got into the meeting room, you were surprised to find not only Commander Magath there, but Zeke Jaeger and Pieck Finger, the Beast and Cart Titans, too. You wondered what they were doing here. Maybe you had a special mission or something.

"Y/N, Colt. Sit. We have important business to discuss," Commander Magath said. You and Colt exchanged glances before sitting next to each other on the only empty couch. Colt was tense, and though you appeared to be relaxing, lounging back on the couch, you were as alert as he was.