Chapter 2

As Jungmo opened the door, it revealed their other roommates holding little Sooyeon and trying to make her smile,

"Hyung, why is there a baby in your dorm?" Donghae asked

Heechul, who completely forgot that Youngwoon and Donghae didn't know about his newly adopted daughter, panicked. "That's my cousin's daughter I was telling you about."

"Heechul-hyung, don't lie; they're gonna find out the truth eventually" Jungmo, who had the most sense, was, of course, correct, and so Heechul invited them inside so he could tell everyone at once

"Ok, everyone, this isn't my niece or anyone like that... she's my daughter. I just adopted her today."

"Hyung, why did you do that? It could affect you badly?"

"She's so cute I'm glad we'll see her often!"

"She'll receive all the love in the world!"

These were some of the many reactions his friends had, and of course, he realized that it would be hard to take care of the little girl, but how could he leave her to die so he started explaining the situation.

"I had to adopt her; the orphanage she was at just threw her out on the street to die! It's so cold, and they put her beside a fireplace when I brought her in! They had no empathy for her, and if I didn't adopt her, I couldn't begin to imagine what would've happened..."

At that moment, little Sooyeon woke up from her father being loud, and she started crying. Of course, most of the guys had no experience with kids, so everyone started panicking except for Heechul, who, despite not knowing much about children, let a fatherly instinct take over and picked her up while making a bottle quickly. Once Sooyeon started eating, she calmed down.

"Hyung, I think you'll be a great father, but what will we do about the company?"

"I'm going to see Lee Sooman 선생님 tomorrow, and I hope he'll let her stay with me."

————Next Morning————

Early in the morning, Heechul got up because Sooyeon was crying; after he got her to calm down, her changed her into a winter jacket and took her with him to SM to talk with his CEO about her; after 20 minutes, they arrived at his office.

As Heechul went to knock, the door opened, and he saw Park Jungsu, the trainee was a couple of days older than him and a prospective person to debut soon.

"Oh, Heechul-ah, who's that?"

"Ah Hyung, this is my daughter Sooyeon; I'm actually on my way to tell Lee Sooman 선생님."

"She's very adorable. I can't wait to see her around her more often."

"*sighs* I can only hope I'll be allowed to continue here; I just know one thing is for sure I won't abandon her."

Jungsu, who knew of Heechul and his actions and behavior, was surprised to hear something like this from him. As someone who has had a rough life with his family, he knows that no matter what, he will help Heechul and his daughter.

"I wish you all the luck, Heechul-ah."

"Thank you"

As Heechul continues his walk to his teacher and CEO's office, he can't help but feel super nervous. With sweaty palms and hands shaking, he takes a deep breath and enters the office. As he sees the smile on the older man's face, he feels relieved, which lasts no longer than a second as the man sees the young baby in his student's arms.

"Heechul-ah, who is that in your arms?"

"This is my daughter, and I adopted her yesterday."

As he takes the information, he sighs and rubs his face as he speaks, "Of all things to try and spite me, this is a little too far; please tell me this is just another dumb prank of yours."

"This is not a prank, sir; she is my daughter Kim Sooyeon"

"Do you understand how this will affect any possible career you might have?"

"I do, and I also know that I can't and won't apologize for adopting her. She was neglected by the caregivers and abandoned by her parents, I couldn't leave her there. There was a connection I felt, and signing those adoption papers. I knew I did the right thing."

Once again, the CEO sighed, but as he looked at the man and his daughter, he realized there was nothing he could do, and he knew he would never separate the two. 

"I'm upset, but as for now, I will take you out of your current debut group, not as a punishment, but so you can learn how to balance your time. I would hope that you don't need help to tell the others. I wish you the best and I must admit she's adorable. Have a good day, Heechul-ah."