Prologue

December 19, 2003

At a hospital in Seoul, a loud cry sounded...

"You're gonna need to push."

"I can't."

And with one final push-out came a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

"Would you like to see your daughter?"

"No, I never wanted her in the first place. If it weren't for my conscience of killing a child, she wouldn't even be here; take her away, please."

"Yes, ma'am"

With that, a newborn child became an orphan, and the child in question was sent to an orphanage where the caretakers were all but nice.

February 1, 2004

The now one-month-old baby is still at the orphanage; she is malnourished and about to be thrown to the streets due to the orphanage closing due to insufficient funds. To get rid of the child, the caretakers left the little girl outside to the elements.

Meanwhile, a man named Kim Heechul was practicing towards his debut with a group called Trax (now known as TraxX) at SM Entertainment. After a particularly stressful day where he had to write an apology letter as a punishment once again, he planned to go clubbing. On his way, he sees the little girl, his concern for her overpowering the urge to party and drink away his sorrows. Heechul wraps the little girl in his coat, and that's when he notices how small she is.

"Why are you so small? Why would someone leave you out here? Let's find an orphanage or something."

Holding the small child, he started walking around, trying to find someone or somewhere to get help. He stumbled upon the orphanage and walked in. No children and a dirty building greeted him.

"Excuse me? Is anyone here?"

The head caretaker came out, and when she saw the baby, she glared at her, which made Heechul wary.

"I found this child on the street. I wondered if she was from here since it's the closest orphanage."

"Yea, she is; just leave her over there" where she pointed was a sofa too close to the lit fireplace for comfort.

"Do you have a bassinet for her? I'll be glad to place her there?"

"We have nothing for her; she's just a pest we're trying to get rid of. No one wants to adopt a mixed girl."

"What do you mean by mixed?"

"Isn't it obvious? She's Korean-American, well, that's what her birth certificate says, at least."

At that moment, Kim Heechul, a 20-year-old trainee with no parenting experience, decided to adopt this child. It was obvious enough that she would be dead if he left her there, and he has to admit he became a little attached in the hour they spent together.

"I'd like to adopt her."

"I'm sorry?"

"I would like to adopt this child."

"Ok, I guess," she eyed him, "follow me."

Heechul followed her to sign the necessary papers to adopt the child. He noticed she had no name, so he also gave her a name.

Walking in the chilly evening in Seoul, Heechul was now the father of 1-month-old Kim Sooyeon.

-------------------------------------

Hello everyone!!

This is your author. As this book isn't updated often due to my busy life, I hope you can check out some of my other works as well! Also, the girl I used on my cover is a general idea of how Sooyeon will look; the girl's actual name is Ella Gross. The birthdate used is my birthday. I didn't know when she should be born for the time of year, so I decided to use mine. Otherwise, I hope you guys enjoy it!!!