«|| 12. Familiar Faces

No one moved and no one spoke. You glared at the woman with clear distaste while Shinra only stood in awe. The only sounds heard were the faint crackling of the infernal's flames.

"Squad 5 Battalion... Commander?" Shinra uttered, his face only showing complete surprise. Hibana ignored Shinra's question and looked straight at you, a sneer playing on her lips.

"It's been a while, huh, [Name]? You were such a nobody before I helped your sorry ass..." It seems after all the time you two stood apart, she's never grown any better. You sighed.

"Just because you've done one minor thing for me doesn't make me forgive you for what you said, nor does it make you a better person. You're still the same egotistic woman I know." The pink-haired woman smirks and flicks her wrist, signaling the cluster of firefighters behind her. "Take it away," was all she said and they went to work without noise.

They crowd the infernal before fully tackling him. They force him into a straitjacket while all he could do was scream and kick out his protests.

"Wait!" Shinra shouts out, vexation clear on his features. "We of Squad 8 will put that person to rest! Don't just butt in at the end and take whatever you'd like!" Hibana frowns.

"I'm a Battalion Commander, child. Is this insubordination?"

"Huh? Cut the crap, Hibana, you're not our superior, and definitely not mine. You've lost that title way back."

Her eyes widen in anger and suddenly, it felt like your bones were made purely of jelly as you and Shinra were nailed to the ground by an invisible force. You try to lift your limbs in an attempt to get up but came out fruitless as you could only move an inch off the ground. The same could be said for Shinra. Immediately after, three similar-looking women surround both you and Shinra. "The 5th's Angels Three, reporting for duty!"

"Hold them down," Was all Hibana said before you felt two bodies press against your own. You wheeze due to the sudden weight along your back. Well, there goes your chance of possibly escaping.

"Damn it... what'd she just do!?" Shinra hisses, the third woman had pinned him down as well.

"You little worms, you're bottom of the barrel nobodies from Squad 8. Worms like you have but one place and that's flat against the ground. Quit your unsightly writhings, You're only allowed to squirm when these heels dig into your spine."

You felt your face grow warm. "Ooh, uhm... this is actually quite titillating. Do continue," You stuttered out, and you've never seen Hibana glare as hard as she did. Shinra also donned his own expression of surprise. Much to your disappointment, your outburst didn't lessen the force she had on your bodies. You frowned.

Almost unnoticeably, Hibana flushed, albeit unwillingly, but she didn't let it hinder her. Slamming both of her feet in front of your faces, she regains her bitter demeanor. It was a miracle she hadn't taken off your nose with the force that was put into slamming them down. Though, you had a suspicion she slammed her right foot harder than the left just to piss you off.

"Lick it." Both you and Shinra give her incredulous looks.

"What?" you snarled. "You're insane!"

"Lick. It." Was all she said in response. Shinra heaves out a heavy sigh.

"I acknowledge that our actions as Second Class Brigaders were especially rude to you, Battalion Commander. Our apologies. However... I kinda feel like the M.O. of your squad is just a little high-handed-"