Chapter 6

It didn't take long for me to become friends with two of the Hufflepuffs. Normally, they would be wary of Slytherins, but Adrian, being my brother, made things easier. Plus, Susan and Hannah are fairly reasonable and level-headed. Susan has goals similar to mine; we both want to change the wizarding world for the better. I already know I want to create a magical orphanage, no child should have to live through the abuse that I went through, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one raised among muggles that went through it. Hannah, on the other hand, is just a sweet girl; I don't think she could ever hate anybody. With that done, I send the two in Neville's direction, knowing that the calm and sensible hufflepuffs are just what he needs. Now that I'm seen in a better light, I can focus on my other plans.

"Harry, when are we going to make our move on the stone?" Blaise asks, and Altair leans forward in his chair, waiting on the answer to the question they've been asking for weeks now. I curl up a little more into Blaise, trying to think of when the best time would be. The biggest problem is the Headmaster, but I really don't think he checks on the stone often. He's waiting for something, maybe for Addy or someone else, to make a move.

"Tomorrow. It will be the second to last Quidditch match of the year, so people will be waiting to see who wins and will go up against Slytherin. It will be big enough for most people to be out of the castle, but not so big that our absence will rouse suspicion. Especially if we mention studying for exams, everyone knows we are all battling for the top spot." I decide, especially since I do need to get some studying in; if I'm careless, Hermione will beat me out again. Or even worse, Draco. I would hate for that little brat to be better than me in any way.

"You're still upset that Hermione was in the top spot last month after making a better test grade than you? You do you realize she's a Ravenclaw and that it's only natural?" Altair asks while Blaise snickers at the look on my face.

"Harry secretly should've been in Ravenclaw. Her, Hermione, and Draco are constantly trying to do better than the other. When Draco hit the top spot, both her and Hermione wouldn't stop studying for a week. Poor Addy is the same way." Blaise laughs, and I feel my eye twitch. He doesn't get it. He's in the fifth spot and happy there, but I like to be the best. I could never settle for such low standards of myself. Besides, the hat did consider me for Ravenclaw before deciding Slytherin was a better fit.

"Keep on laughing instead of studying. I'll be the one laughing when Theo beats you out of your spot." I roll my eyes. Doesn't he realize how serious this is? If I have everyone that's one of mine or Addy's in the top 5 in all our years, then I can have more influence once we graduate, especially if I'm in the top spot. It makes us seem more mature, and having that mixture will make me seem like a better person since Addy is seen as a saint. I need all the support I can possibly get to change this place for the better. It's crazy to me how far behind the wizarding world is compared to the muggle one.

"Theo is smart; he just prefers to stay in the shadows, so he wouldn't risk exposing himself just yet, so my spot is fine. By the time he gets close to surpassing me, he'll probably already be one of yours." Blaise laughs and tugs me closer to his side. I sigh and try to let go of all the stress I've been feeling lately. Sometimes, I forget I'm still only eleven and that I don't need to take care of everything immediately. I still have years before I have to truly worry about getting this all done. Right now, I need to focus on getting that stone. I want to be able to study it before sending it back to Flamel, maybe negotiate a deal to learn alchemy if possible, or at least have Altair or Blaise learn it. I might actually have a little too much on my plate at the moment.

"Blaise?"

"Yes, love?"

"You think you would want to learn alchemy?" I ask, looking up at his face to try and decipher his reaction.