Chapter 1

Before I start this story I should probably say that I don't own Harry Potter. Also if you see any mistakes please tell me. I was born in the year 2000 and in the United States at that, so I really don't know British slang; although I have been doing research, so, if something is wrong then kindly let me know so that I am able to fix it.

I eat my food silently, ignoring the subtle glares my so-called family shot at me. No matter how hard I used to try, my family has always hated me, although almost everyone else thinks that I'm spoiled since Aunt Petunia makes me perform for money.

Four years ago, in music class, it was discovered that I have a talent for the piano and violin, and Aunt Petunia found out that if I win competitions, then I'll get prize money. She got the most strict and cruel teachers imaginable for both instruments. I later discovered that if I win a competition, then I can get a little more food, if I lose, then I'll get the cane. I quickly became considered a prodigy, and at age nine, a little over two years after I started playing, I had to start going to elegant parties, so etiquette lessons were soon followed.

At these parties, I discovered that power is vital, and knowledge can help you attain power. I already knew that I was a freak; strange things happen around me if I'm upset, but if I could consciously control these powers, then I would gain power over the Dursley's.

I knew I had to start big; anything less wouldn't cause them fear; aunt Marge came over and started on me, so I just stared at her, willing her heart to stop. After she was rushed to the hospital and they determined it was a heart attack that was her cause of death, I calmly told my family that things would start going my way or I would cause similar things to happen to them. To prove my point, I set Ripper on Dudley, and he now sports hideous scars all over his body. After that, what I said went, even if the Dursley's didn't like it.

"Girl, you have a performance tomorrow. Do you have everything ready?" Aunt Petunia whispers, scared to talk too loudly around me after I vanished her tongue one time when she decided to yell at me.

"Yes aunt Petunia, but this time I'm keeping all of my money, it is rightfully mine, and I have let you pathetic lot coat off my winnings for far too long," I reply coldly. I already know about my Hogwarts letter that is coming any day now, and I would like to start a vault if I don't have one, and if I do, then I need some sort of income going into it. I've been waiting for my eleventh birthday ever since I used my magic to kill aunt Marge, and I only have a week left.

"O-okay Potter." Petunia whimpers before hurrying out of the room to finish the cleaning I assigned her. She should be grateful; I have Dudley and Vernon helping her clean, I didn't have any help when they made me do everything around the house. In fact, they made the job harder. It's not like I'm being unfair either; I split all the house chores between the four of us, and Aunt Petunia and I interchange who cooks dinner. I'm practically the adult of the house.

After finishing my dinner, I silently head to my room, already knowing that I'll have a win tomorrow, and soon I'll be learning how to properly hone my magic, although I think I use it pretty well already.

Over the week, I won my competition, earning 3500 pounds, got my Hogwarts letter, and discovered that I have a twin brother who went to live with a good family friend instead of being sent somewhere to be abused. All because a batty old man thought I would end up becoming jealous of the so-called boy-who-lived. I honestly can't say I hate living with the Dursley's though, they're the perfect little minions for me to play with. Its also a good thing I got rid of that Ms. Figg, I don't like spies.

"Hadria? Are you listening to a thing that I'm saying?" The batty old fool stops and stares at me, his blue eyes twinkling as he tries to get into my mind.