Epilogue

The skies are empty when we went outside. It's been minutes since the three of us are just silently looking at each other.

Keiran is caressing our faces then he'll caress Amaya's hair as if he's comforting his mom with his touch for the last time.

It hurts to see him, them, like this. I am his father and yet I can't do anything at this time. All I could do is to make sure that he felt loved and that his mother will be just fine.

Tears fell on Amaya's eyes. She kept on saying to me that he can't live without Keiran. Our son is her life. She lived the years with him and now he's slipping away from us.

"Mama, please don't cry." he pleaded as he wiped her mother's tears.

I caressed the other side of her face to know that I am here. I smiled so she won't be scared.

But her eyes is saying that she can't.

She composed herself for Keiran, so he will know that she will be fine without him but she cannot contain the pain, the emotions rushing through her.

I can't feel a mother's pain but her eyes says it all.

"Mama, the moon showed up!" Keiran exclaimed as I saw his hand gripping Amaya's hand while his other hand is pointing at the sky.

The moon and stars showed up as if they are greeting him. As if they are telling us that our son will be happy.

"While I was asleep I can hear you crying, mama." Keiran said as he is playing with her mother's fingers.

Then I saw Amaya's pain. I can't look at her straight without crying. I can't help it.

"It hurts to hear you cry, mama." he then cried then Amaya immediately wiped his tears away as he still continued to cry.

"I remember the nights when you're crying silently at night," he then surprised Amaya on what he said.

Through all the pain ang suffering than Amaya gone through, she is the type of woman who will cry silently at night then the next morning she will be just fine as if nothing ever happened.

"I kept on asking myself if it is because of me. Because I am giving mama a hard time."

I was shocked on what Keiran said. Is he thinking that he was a burden all these time?

"No, no baby. Please don't think of that. You're not giving me a hard time. As long as you keep on fighting, hm?" Amaya cried as she kissed Keiran's head.

I caressed his hair and he looked at me with tears on his eyes.

"I was the one who gave your mother a hard time, Kei. That's why the three of us played hide and seek for a short time." I told him as I pinched his cheek.

Keiran giggled because of what I said while Amaya snorted a bit as she wiped her tears away.

He's a smart kid and we know that he knows what happened to us. On why he grew up without me by their side.

Yes, we played hide and seek. And I was it, while Amaya and Keiran are the ones who are hiding from me. And our playground was the world.

What a family.

We played the game 'hide and seek' as the moon and stars lit up the dark sky. They witness all our struggles, our pain and our happiness.

The moon and the stars also witness how happy Keiran is before he passed. How he is contented on the life that he is going to have... to just look at us up in the sky.

Amaya wailed the whole night beside Keiran, not letting his hand go.

"M-May," I called her and kissed the top of her head. As much as I wanted to give her space but it feels like she would faint anytime soon as she continues to cry.