05

cant respond 2 comments so uh, hope this chapt answers ur questions <3
______________________________________________
meeting the family

my heart immediately aches as i hold the crystal in the palms of my hands, tears running down my cheeks as i realize. Chris stands about ten feet in front of me and i notice how his fists grow white as he walks towards me a bit faster now.

I gently place the crystal back down as he approaches me, still injured yet healing as he punches me in the face my head swinging sideways and he grips me by my coat collar pulling me up a bit off the ground. "what the FUCK did you do to him?" he spits in a shaky voice. He notices the tears running down my face and all i say is "i know where she put rose." to win his trust for a moment. he drops me and i go straight to the ground with a rag doll like drop. I stand as he inspects the crystal and i watch his eyes to read his emotions. He's been here before.

"I wish it were me." is all he says underneath his breath, unaware that i heard him he turns back to me keeping the crystal close. "lets get her." he says and i lead them all to Mirandas chambers, the place being an absolute mess at this point as we all searched the entire area until we heard one little baby cry. me and Chris ran to the noise seeing rose in a small creepy cradle. Chris picks her up and lets his team know he found her, ignoring me as we both escape with the baby.

i stare at the two with a sense of guilt, Chris not saying a word as we leave even as the baby cries. He stares down at her for a moment and sighs, stopping in his steps and just looking at her. i was a bit behind so i didn't quite see anything except a few tears coming from Chris. "This wasn't supposed to happen." he growls and yet without the acknowledgment i knew it was directed at me. "I tried." i say weakly and he whips his head at me. Anger plastered over him yet vulnerability flooding him, "not fucking hard enough." he cursed at me, the child in his arms still crying. we stand there for a moment before i notice her cries were only worsening his anger.

    "hand her to me, i can get her to shut up." i say gently scared of his reaction, and before he said anything i added "Ethan- he trusted me to protect her. i'm not human anymore, and i'm clearly disposable. I'll protect her with my life, redfield." I protest and his anger turns to slight confusion. he then recalls something he noticed. "You fixed his hand didn't you?" he questions me and it feels worse than a bullet to the chest. "yes." i say in a shaky voice, he suddenly hands her to me and i bounce her up and down, shushing her into being quiet.

    Chris and i begin walking towards the exit yet again without a word exchanged, and when we finally all left there was a helicopter waiting for us. "lets go." he says and i stop in my tracks. "wheres his crystal?" i ask and Chris freezes. He stares at me, considering. "the duke, he could fix this. he might be able to bring him back." i tell Chris and he nods. "the mission isn't over yet." is all the man says into his radio, his troops planting themselves at the helicopter to keep it safe.

    the duke suddenly shows as we only walk barely a quarter mile, his doors open as we walk past his carriage and i stand in front of him, Chris staring at him for a moment, "Ah, good day Lord Heisenberg, seems you truly did turn her into paste after all these years! Nevertheless, wheres papa at?" he asks and Chris shows him the crystal. The duke nods and sighs, "Ah, i see. What a shame really..." he says sadly and my face contorts. "Duke, fix him you fucker. or else i swear t-" i started and Chris looks at me as to say "calm down", Duke nods and take the crystal.

    "give me a moment and ill be back with what you desire." he says and take the crystal, doors slamming shut as he tinkers in his trunk of goods. me and Chris stare at each other hopefully for a moment, expecting nothing to happen in all honestly, facing this as a last ditch effort to save Ethan. and then doors to the side of the carriage swing wide open, dukes voice can be heard saying: "well? come in!" me and Chris rush inside and see a completely molded ethan laying on the floor, as if he'd been put together piece by piece. "no touching just yet, give him a moment." Duke says as Chris goes to reach down, immediately standing back up.

regular skin color comes back to fruition, soon the real Ethan's laid out on the floor of the wooden carriage yet naked and cold, not even realizing what was going on as his eyes fluttered open. Chris throws his own black coat over him, we stay silent in shock for a moment before Ethan speaks up.

"i was dead..."