Chapter Seven: As We Stand Together at the Altar

While we stood at the altar, all my eyes seemed to be focused on was Tatum's lovely, chocolate colored ones. They glistened under the light; they captivated me into silence. We never once broke our affectionate connection. I hadn't noticed the constant poking in my side until Tatum slowly looked down at a little boy and patted his head. I looked down and realized he was trying to hand me the rings that were on his red silk pillow.

"Thank you," I whispered, taking the two rings with a smile. I rested one in Tatum's palm, while I kept the other. As she placed the golden ring onto my slender finger, I couldn't help but grin. She pledged to me:

"With this ring I thee wed. I offer you my hand, and my heart as I know they will be safe with you. All that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you."

I then raised up her small hand and gently slid the gold ring up her slight finger. I enclosed my hands around hers. I also pledged, staring deep into her brown irises:

"With this ring I thee wed. I offer you my hand, and my heart as I know they will be safe with you. All that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you."

I got lost in her eyes; blocking out everything else. I felt like we were the only two in the room...that is until the priest coughed. I glanced up in annoyance, Tatum giggling beside me. Once the priest saw that he had my attention, he continued. I stared back at Tatum. As I gazed at her, I began to think of the kiss. Would I mess up? Would I miss and kiss her nose? Dread began to form in the pit of my stomach. But one look at Tatum's countenance made it all vanish as quickly as it had come. She was so confident; it was radiating off her in pulsing waves.

My heartbeat thumped loudly in my ears, making it hard to hear the priest when he asked me:

"Since it is your intention to marry, join your right hands and declare your consent. Do you take Tatum Lee Montgomery to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for  poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I Do." I answered with complete and utter self-assurance; smiling at her bright and youthful face. The priest then turned to my beautiful bride and asked:

"And do you take Harold Edward Styles to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I Do." She answered without a moment's hesitation, smiling up at me. The priest took a step back and sternly looked at us as he spoke:

"Tatum Montgomery and Harold Styles. You have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by  exchanging the rings. Your vows may have been spoken in a minute, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath. As they have pledged themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before G-d and this community of friends, I now pronounce them husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

I swiveled around, gently removing the veil and revealing a young and goregous woman beneath. I embraced my bride in my arms, and while closing my eyes, placed my lips upon hers.

"Ladies and gentleman, I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Styles." Announced the priest from behind us. All the clapping and background noise quickly faded into a dull thrumming in the back of my mind. The only thing occupying my mind was the taste of my bride on my lips. I slowly parted  my lips, Tatum quickly responding and doing the same. I pressed her chest to mine; picking her up and spinning her around until I was dizzy. I felt her chest rise and fall against my shirt.

When she gazed up at me, she was beaming with a full smile. I swept her up into my arms and carried her bridal-style down to the dance floor. I kissed her lightly again on her rosy cheek and then whispered softly in her ear, "I'll love you forever."

A/N: Did you like the altar scene? More coming soon! Comment and vote Please Xx