Chapter Sixteen: A Little Bit of Happiness with Sadness Attached

A/N: 1,094 READS!!!??? WHAAT? I know that may not be ya know the ultimate number, but I still love that you guys love this story so much!! But ohh this story is about to get a whole lot more interesting...I can tell you at least that much ;3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Recap:

She relaxed in my arms and leaned her head back against my chest. "Let's go." I whispered in her ear.

"Wait, let me get my jacket." She said as she walked back into the bathroom.

"Why do you need a sweater? We're at the beach babe, where it's hot. I don't want you to get heat stroke." I called to her concerned. I followed her through the door.

"Because, I....want to wear one." She said defensively.

"But why babe?"

"You....you just wouldn't understand....." She muttered to the ground.

"Try me. You wear a sweater everywhere you go, even around the house. You even wear one when it's like 100 degrees outside Tatum. And I'd really like to know why." I inquired.

"Its just that....It's ugh....why does it matter so much?! Can't I just wear a jacket without so many questions?" She said as she wiped away something on her cheek.

"Because I want to know why, love. We are married now; there aren't supposed to be any secrets or insecurities between us two anymore." I vindicated.

"Can we just go already?" She mumbled as she brushed by my shoulder and walked out of the door, cluthching her jacket.

"Fine, but this conversation is not over Tatum." I called out after her. What if she's pregnant? I thought to myself. That would explain why she always wearing one...maybe she's trying to hide it?

Don't be silly Harry, you haven't done that yet. I chided myself.

But what if she saw another guy while I was away on tour before the wedding? And maybe that's why it took her so long to get ready....maybe she was doing one of those at-home tests! I thought furiously.

Stop being ridiculous Harry! I screamed at myself trying to forget the thoughts that had popped into my mind.

"Harry, you coming?" Tatum called from the doorway. I tried not to show worry on my face as I walked toward the door; keeping my gaze glued to the tiled floor. Even though I had tried to eliminate the thoughts form my head, I still had the nagging feeling in my stomach; I really don't want to be right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❖❖Tatum's POV❖❖

I slipped on my jean shorts and orange flip-flops, grabbed my towel off my suitcase's lid and waited for Harry at he front door. But when he didn't come, I tip-toed back to the bathroom doorway. I saw him staring at the ground, worry displayed on his perfect face. "Harry, you coming?" I asked after wtaching him for a while. His head twitched slightly and before walking towards me, his head turned to the trashcan. I was concerned about him, but I didn't want to say anything after our mini-arguement.

"Let's go," I suggested, grabbing the silver knob.

The door swung open, and I walked out into the open hallway. The wind whipped around my hair and sent slight shivers up my spine. I walked down the little wooden staircase and out onto the sand, Harry falling a litle behind. The sun felt hot on my skin, as if it's rays of light were hugging me tightly. I stopped for a moment and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I could smell the salt in the ocean's waters that were just a couple feet from where I was standing. The water's tide rolled up and licked at my bare toes, my flip-flops long ago abandoned for the feeling of sand in between my toes.