Lonely dream

The world around him is spinning and spinning and spinning. His head gets dizzy with all the crying. So thin because of dehydration and lack of food.

Sky can be considered as skin and bones now; his appearance is too far from his fresh and healthy self from five years ago.

That day when Kai died was the day he also died. He is now a living dead waiting for heaven to take away his life. He's been praying for death to come to him so he will be with Kai in the afterlife but...

"Baby, ke- keep living. Fi- find some-someone to lo- love you o- okay?"

How can he kill himself when Kai's last word is for him to live and find someone to love? He can only wait for Grim Reaper to appear to fulfill Kai's wishes.

Someone to love? Will he ever love someone else when all his heart belongs to Kai? When his world is all about Kai? When his heart died along with Kai's.

"Come live with me son, please?" his mother speaks in a gentle pleading tone.

After a year of Kai's death, Sky did not leave their house. He resigned from his job and isolated himself from the world.

His mother visits him every day without fail, then it turns to every week, to every month. The mother's heart can't bear to see his son living this way. She tried to talk to him and to seek counseling or to leave the house or to travel to forget but Sky did not even dare to listen to her. Not even a glance or a word to her mother.

Mourning is one thing and keeping himself alive is another. He doesn't know how to cook; it was Kai who did everything from cooking to washing dishes to washing clothes and cleaning the house. Sky is considered the lucky prince who found the best husband in the world.

He tried to make the dish that Kai was cooking before, the chicken soup, the hot pot that they both love so much but less spicy compared to usual, the fried chicken, and the stir fry bullfrog dish which he doesn't remember the taste anymore.

He's been trying to copy the taste but he can't. He's so pissed at himself, why did he not learn it before? why did he waste so much time working than spending his time with Kai?

If he only knew what was going to happen, if he only knew that they will spend short years with each other then he could have given it all to Kai. Sadly, no one knows about the future. No one knows the path that heaven prepared for them.

Sky's family reach out to him. They tried to convince him, tried to bring him to the doctor but it was all in vain. Sky is like a walking corpse, with no feelings at all.

Every time they brought him out, he will always say, "I need to go back now, Kai is waiting. I should not let Kai wait" or "My husband is making lunch for me; I need to hurry home."

His family could only cry in silence, suffer in silence, and care for him in silence.

They tried until they gave up forcing him, to leave everything to fate. Hoping that a day will come when Sky himself decides to cure himself of the memory of Kai. Hoping that things will not come to it irreparable state.

~~~

Kring! Kring!

"Hello?" a soft deep voice speaks in the other line.

"Is this Dr. Kole?" Sky asks softly while sniffing due to crying.

"Speaking, what can I help you with?" Dr. Kole inquired.

It was eleven in the evening when Sky called yet the person on the other line speaks as if it was only eight in the morning. No traces of annoyance or exasperation just a gentle voice of a person who is willing to listen to anything.

"I need help. Please, help me. Help me forget him." Sky pours out all his emotion and cried loudly.

Dr. Kole listens to his crying, waiting for the person to calm himself a little before speaking.

"Can you manage to come to me tomorrow?" Dr. Kole asks with a hint of concern.

"Doctor, I'm afraid Kai will... can you... can you come instead?" Sky pleaded shyly.

No sound is heard from the other line. Sky panics and blurts, "Ah, if it's too much then don't bother Doctor. I will... I will..."

Sky stops at his words when the other line cuts him, "Apologies. I was looking for a pen and paper. Can you tell me your name and address? I will visit you tomorrow."

His voice is so deep yet soft and patient. You can imagine him smiling by just listening to him talking.

"Are you sure Doctor? Then... then I will tell Kai to prepare food." Sky happily responded.

"Oh! Doctor Kole, I'm so rude. Please call me Sky and here's my full address."

This is the first lengthy talk of Sky after ten years. This is not a family, not a friend, and definitely not Kai. Doctor Gong is a total stranger but the doctor's voice gives him a feeling of comfort, safety, and assurance.

"See you tomorrow, Little Sky." Doctor Gong sweetly bid goodbye.

Little Sky? The only person who calls him Little Sky is his beloved husband.

He remembers during his graduation, Kai took him to the back of their building with a blindfold on, they were already in a relationship back then. Nobody from their team knew about it.

"What are you planning Kai? I don't like surprises." Sky said in slight annoyance.

"Chill! my prince. You will love this." Kai responded with confidence.

They slowly walk, Sky was holding Kai's arms, murmuring about how petty Kai's trick is.

Murmuring outside yet his heart was beating fast, so much that if this continues, he might faint from this excitement.

"We're here!" Kai exclaimed.

"Can I take this blindfold now?" Sky anxiously asks.

Kai took a deep breath and answered, "Yes."

Sky slowly untangled the piece of cloth that has been covering his eyes. When he opened his blurry eyes, he saw glittering lights and rose petals on the ground. In the middle was a table with three candles and a bouquet of champagne roses.

His heart beats twice as fast as it beats a moment ago. He does not want to assume but the situation tells him that... inch by inch, he turns to face Kai.

When he turns, he saw Kai on his knees, holding a simple silver ring, eyes looking straight at him.

"Little Sky, my prince, my everything. I know this is sudden but I really, really want to marry you. Will you accept me as your husband? Please?"

Sky knew that Kai might have prepared a long heartfelt message but all of those were lost in the midst of nervousness and anticipation.

"What kind of proposal is that?" Sky rolls his eyes in disbelief.

He wasn't expecting a marriage proposal on his graduation day and he wasn't expecting that this man did not make any effort to give a romantic speech but of course, he knew in his heart the effort in putting all this just for him.

"You don't want to marry me?" Kai flashed a sad puppy face.

"Do I have a choice?" He raised his left brow and extended his left hand to Kai.

"Put the ring on my finger, then stand up and kiss me! Is this answer enough?"

He needs to be in character, he's so happy but he needs to maintain his bitchy attitude.

Reminiscing on the past, Sky gradually falls into a deep sleep.

~~~

Knock! Knock!