Light

This is the first time Sky sleeps well. Something in that Doctor's voice calms his wounded heart. It feels so familiar yet strange. It must be because he is a doctor and used a soothing deep voice when talking to him.

He sleeps until seven in the morning, only waking up when a small amount of sunlight shines straight into his eyes. Opening his eyes, a brightly smiling Kai appeared in front of him. Lying sideways, supporting his head with his right hand.

"Why don't you sleep more?" Kai asks.

Sky smiled drowsily and let out a small groan, "Someone is coming baby. Can you prepare some food?"

This kind of talk had been made between them in the very same bed before. When he informed Kai of his mother's visiting them.

"Who's coming baby, is it Mama?" curiosity is written all over his face.

"No, baby. It's Dr. Kole." Sky answered in a languid voice.

"Baby, ca-" Kai did not finish his line when his illusion vanished in the air.

Knock! Knock!

Hearing the knock, Sky gets up from the bed, slightly fixes his hair, and strides to get out of the room. He anxiously opens the door; a bright light from the sun blinded him for a second. It has been so long since he last opens this door by himself, smell the fresh air, and saw the sun blazingly shining.

Clearing his vision, his eyes land on the black shoes of the person in front of him, gradually he lifts his eyes and is startled by what he sees.

The man is wearing a white long sleeve polo partnered with black trousers. He has a nice pointy nose, rosy lips, and charming eyes something that is familiar to..."Kai! Are you playing games with me?!" Sky said in frustration.

He got so pissed with Kai, he was waiting for the doctor but this playful husband of his is tricking him again. He grabs the door and is ready to slam it but the man outside briskly stops it.

"Sir, I'm Dr. Kole, are you Sky Haren?" not a hint of annoyance or irritation is seen on his face just a pure bright smile. So safe and so friendly.

Dr. Kole? Sky blinks his eyes twice, thrice, again and again, but he is seeing the same person. Dr. Kole is the exact replica of Kai.

What is this again? Is heaven so angry with him that they twist his fate and made the person he first asks for help looks the same as his husband? Is his suffering not enough? Are five years not enough for gods to pity him? to at least let him have just a little glimmer of hope?

"Dr. Kole - " Sky choked.

He surely does not know how to react. He wants Dr. Kole to leave now. He is living in his illusion of Kai and he is aware of it this is why he wanted some help but how will this Doctor help him?

Sky took a deep breath, lowered his head, and said, "Doctor, can you leave, please? I'm sorry for wasting your time."

Dr. Kole whose standing outside for a while now is observing Sky intently. How long has he been in this field of work? It's been five years, so he knew exactly how to handle such patients.

"Sky, are you not going to offer me some water?" Dr. Kole didn't mind what Sky said earlier.

Startled by the question, Sky feels the embarrassment of requesting the doctor to come only to make him leave as soon as he arrived, "yes, please come in. Can you leave after you drink some water, Doctor?" he plainly begs him.

"Sure. Thank you so much." Dr. Kole replied with a smile.

Entering the house, Dr. Kole feels the gloomy aura, the strong stench made his nose itchy. The house lacks sunlight and fresh air. It lacks happiness and life. It's obvious that the owner is in a bad state.

"How long have you lived here?" Dr. Kole started a simple conversation.

Sky panic. He doesn't want to talk to him but he's the one who called him last night, maybe small talk won't hurt.

"Seven years," he whispered as he responds hiding his face from the doctor.

"Oh! This is a very nice structured house. Can I sit here?" He points to the dusty sofa full of scattered clothes, books, and a bit of garbage.

Sky glance at it and sees that there is no space for the doctor to sit so he hurriedly takes an empty stool, wipes it with his shirt, and gives it to Dr. Kole.

"Sit here."

Sky is still heating the water for Dr. Kole and washing one cup. If the cup could speak then he would say thank you Doctor I've been washed by the master after a long time of sitting here in the sink full of cockroaches and molds.

"You can call me Kole, Sky." Kole once again smiled at him.

"I'll call you doctor." Sky flatly responded.

"Ok. Do you have bread? I haven't eaten yet."

Well, bread is the only thing that keeps Sky alive. Sometimes, his mother brings him food or his cousin's. They only brought him food and quickly leave. They can't touch anything in the house or Sky won't allow them in again.

"I have."

He took a pack of bread inside an air-tight box and give it to Kole.

"Thank you, Sky. Oh! Onion bread? this is my favorite. I'm so lucky to visit you, I get to eat this bread again." he grins while opening the pack of bread.

"It's all yours," Sky said.

"No. no... this is too much for me. Here, have some too."

He breaks the bread and gave the other half to Sky.

"No. It's yours." he bluntly rejected.

"It wouldn't be good for me to eat while the owner of the house is just looking." Kole beguiles him.

"Ok. Just one bite. Doctor, please leave after eating." he reminded him again.

Sky has been repeating for him to leave but never did he force the Doctor. Unexpectedly, he keeps on listening to whatever Kole is saying and answering whatever Kole is asking but he never looks Kole in the face.

"Sky, is there something wrong with my face? Is there dirt or something?"

He's been noticing Sky's actions since he entered the house. Sky is anxious and keeps on avoiding his gaze. Well, he's used to it but it's different with Sky, oh! he remembers that Sky called him Kai.

"I don't know." Sky again answered in a flat tone.

"Let me check myself in the mirror." Kole gets up and walks towards the mirror.

The mirror is blurry, he can't clearly see his face. Beside the mirror is a table with a wedding photo. His gaze fixed on it and realization dawns on him. The man in the photo with Sky looks exactly like him.

No wonder Sky is not looking at him.

"Sky, how did he die?"

~~~

Mini Theater:

The best part of your body?

Sky: Definitely my lips.

Kai & Dr. Kole: * look at each other

Sky: What?!

Kai & Dr. Kole: *grins from ear to ear

Kai: it's actually your...

Dr. Kole: Your tear mole is sexy *blushes

Sky: Every part of my body is sexy. *rolls his eyes