chapter sixteen

You had regained consciousness about 45 minutes into the flight, you tried to fight the straps keeping you in your seat, you needed to leave. You didn't know these people. But that 'Bucky' guy kept you held down until Tony injected you with something, knocking you unconscious again.

Next thing you knew, you were in a hospital bed. Much nicer than the ones you remembered at the HYDRA base, this one was clean and tidy, and quiet. And that same 'Bucky' guy was sat next to you in your seat.

"Hey, y/n." He said, helping you with the cushions behind you to make you more comfortable.

"I don't-"

You didn't understand, why you where here, who this man was, or what was happening.

The last thing you remembered was fighting Captain America.

Before you woke up...

Bruce walked up to Bucky, dressed in his usual doctor gear, lab coat and converse shoes.

"Bucky, hey." He said softly, sitting next to him.

Bucky was next to you. He had been for hours. Everyone else had warned him that you were dangerous, that you were too unpredictable. Everyone said that Bucky should stay away from you until you were back to your old self, but he had to be near you, he just had to be. Bucky had lost you once and those few weeks had been the worst of his life. And right now, sitting in his chair watching your unconscious body, he vowed that he would never leave you again.

"Hey, Bruce." Bucky replied, a soft, but sad smile on his face.

"How are you coping?" He asked nicely.

"I've been better." Bucky nervously laughed.

"I got this formula from Wakanda." Bruce said, getting straight to the point. "As soon as she's awake, she needs to drink it. We can't waste anymore time."

Bucky agreed, and held the cup of purple liquid in his hands, waiting on you to wake up.

"Y/N." Bucky said, once he noticed you were sitting comfortably.

You didn't know how to answer, you were just waiting on commands from HYDRA agents- that's all you knew... That's all you remembered.

"Y/N, I need you to drink this."

He showed her the glass of purple liquid, you looked at it, and cautiously took it from him.

"Good, come on, drink it- please." Bucky said, keeping his voice calm and collected.

Bucky had an idea of how to act in this situation, after all a few years ago he was on the receiving end.

You took the cup, and downed the glass, watching as Buckys smile grew wider.

He had hope again, for the first time in 3 and a half weeks Bucky was smiling, but that smile instantly faded when you fell unconscious again.

"Banner?" He asked, standing out of his chair next to you and running to the door, "BANNER?!"

He was panicking now, was he losing you again?

"Bruce, she's not moving. She drank it and passed out." Bucky burst through the doors of Bruce's office.

Bruce looked up, adjusting his glasses, and stood up ready for Bucky to lead him to you.

"Y/N," Bucky was sitting in the chair next to your bed again, it had been 24 hours since you drank the cure sent from Wakanda, and he hadn't let since. He was holding onto your hand tightly. He couldn't let you go, you meant too much to him. "You gotta wake up, love."