Day 1

Hailey's Pov

How do you imagine a teenager's life to be? You go to school, have fun with friends, some people eat each others faces, or even heat up things, some drink, smoke, sell or consume drugs, spend time with parents or ignore them, fight with them. Whatever, you get it right? Well my life was so not how you think it may be. Or should I say , its not going to be normal anymore.

Its now three days,I've been complaining of body pain everywhere and I had no bruises, except a weird mole dont ask where I get very tensed thinking of it. Yesterday, I started to choke in the middle of the night and I spitted blood from my mouth. Mom and Dad were worried sick for me and now that led me to the hospital.

I had no idea what did the doctors do to me, I guess they sedated me to make me unconscious. I woke up and noticed I was in a hospital room, blue painted walls plain no designs, and it smelled like too much sanitizer or something. I was lied down on the patient bed and I had something on my nose passing my face. Did they keep a tube? Why did I need one? What s wrong with me? Where's mom and dad?

"Aww sweetie thank god you re awake"Mom entered the room and ran to take me in her arms, she was crying a lot and I consoled her still not knowing what was wrong with me? Soon Dad entered and hugged me too , after him a doctor entered the room and he had a file in his hands, Im guessing my tests results which will reveal my problem.

"Mom, Dad, what s my problem?"I asked them. Both looked sad at me, mom was gonna break down any moment.

"Hailey Coleman right?"The doctor asked me and I nodded he sat on the stool next to me holding my hand.

"Im very sorry to tell you that you have a well grown lung cancer, its growing pretty fast, your case is very rare"The doctor his face full of sadness and sorrow. I felt like the world crashing down. I have cancer? The terrifying disease that scared everyone? Why why why? Why me? Does that mean Im gonna die? Why?

I havent even lived.

I havent even loved.

No boyfriends, no first kiss, no magic, no butterflies in the stomach, no fantasy, only virginity and noone will take it.

"So Im gonna...die?"I asked my voice breaking , controlling myself from crying but it was mom that bursted crying like she was the one to die.

"You have a very small chance of survival if your body responses well to the chemo and the rest of the treatment but Hailey...Im sorry"Doctor said and tears streamed down my face. I am gonna die so I have to count my days now.

"Mom, Dad, Im so sorryyyy"I just bursted crying now both my parents hugged me sadly.

"Its not your fault baby girl, Im just a horrible mother who couldnt take care of you properly"Mom said and I disagreed.

"No mom you are the best mother anyone could ever have, I am just an unlucky girl thats all, you cant blame yourself for this"I said and we were crying.

"Excuse mr and mrs Coleman, I want Hailey to rest if you dont mind and another patient will share this room with her as they both two very rare cancer cases"Doctor said and my parents said, each kissed my forehead like it was the last time.

So before I lose my features, let me introduce myself. My name is Hailey Jane Coleman, I'm 16, I'm thin, healthy thin not too skinny, average height, brown eyes, very fair porcelain skin, brown wavy hair, Im not the girliest girl in the world , Im not the type of girl that walks the street with high heels, pumps, stilletos and all that, I m into sneakers, converse, vans, maximum ballerinas but simple ones. Who cares anyway? Im gonna die I dont know when so who would want to fall in love with a cancer patient?