ALTERNATE ENDING

A/N everyone was whining about the ending, so here you go. I wasnt going to write anything else for this, but hey ho, whatever makes y'all happy :).

Yes this DOES clash with the whole ending of Death Note, but whatever.
_______________

"I am Kira." The words shot into you like a bullet and a mixture of terror and excitement bubbled up inside you.

Before anything else could happen, you pushed him away from you, he stumbled back and toppled over the coffee table, he hit his head on a vase and suddenly, he was unconscious and you were towering over him. You didnt know you had that in you, and with a gasp, you rushed to his side. He still had a pulse, so everything was okay, you werent going to jail, he was still alive.

Through the panic and truimph you felt, you heard the door open and Ryuzaki walked in, the instant his drowsy eyes fell over Light, they widened. "What happened?" He asked, shock in his voice.

"Arrest him, L, he is Kira." You said, ignoring his question completely. L didnt even seem to surprised as he walked over to a set of drawers, in the top one was a pair of handcuffs, which he lifted the soundly unconscious Light up and attached them too, his arms fixed behind his back. With that L grabbed his phone and left the room, clearly ringing the police to come and collect Light.

You sat on the couch, rubbing your hand across your forehead, which was glazed with sweat. When you'd moved to Japan, you had never expected all of this to happen, honestly you had thought everything would be so much calmer. A pounding headache errupted through your temples and you couldnt function correctly, your mind was racing when you heard a groan come from the floor. "Ugh [Y/N]?" Light called from the floor, you looked at him, you felt scared being alone with him, knowing he had the power to kill you without contact. "Wh-what happened?"

Before you could answer, L walked into the room and peered down at Light. "Light Yagami, you are under arrest, for being Kira, the police shall be hear and you shall be stripped of all possesions, including jewelery, you have with you now and you shall be locked up in the deepest cell that Japan has." Something was behind Ryuzakis voice, something more than anger, and you could tell he felt betrayed. Sympathy was all you could feel.

***

Within an hour after that, two bulky policemen came in and took Light away, and he didnt even protest, or struggle, he knew it was over, and so did you. Despite the fact, you couldnt help but feel like you had done the wrong thing, that now it was all over, L would leave and go onto a new case and you would just go back to university and get on with your life.

The idea that you had nothing to study anymore made you feel a little empty, like you could feel the long waves of boredom from the months to come.

When everyone had left, you let out a long sigh. "What is wrong?" L's soft voice said beside your ears as he slid his arms around your hips. "Kira is caught, this is a time to be happy."

"I know... but now I'll have nothing to do." You said, and something in the back of your mind was telling you that you were being selfish, that you should just be happy that no one else had to die to that terrible guy, but even that couldnt stop you feeling the way you did. "I mean, im happy hes gone and now people can be safe, but I can't help the feeling that everything just going to be boring from now on."

L gave you a small squeeze. "How about you join me." He mumbled, his head resting on your shoulder. His breath skittered across your skin and it gave you a sense of reasurance. As you processed what he said, a bubble of excitement errupted inside of you.

"Really?" You said, turning in his arms to face him. Your noses were centimeters away from each other.

"Yes, I don't see how it could be a bad idea." He said, smiling at you.

With a squeak of happiness, you kissed him and his arms enclosed around you fully, you had never been so happy in your life.