||5|| Done (L's POV)

Never had I felt such a way towards another human being in such short space of time as I had toward [Y/N]... Of course, I had been 'in love' with a person before, but that had taken months to develop,  not mere hours. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was that was so appealing, was it her skills as a detective, or her feistiness? It wasn't love, surely, but just a strong attraction and for the first time in a long while, it was distracting you from your work. That and something else.

Light.

Why would he need to speak with [Y/N] on private, I just couldn't understand it. How suspicious of him. Surely he knew how suspicious it made him look, maybe that was the whole point, why would Kira want to be suspected? Either Light wasn't Kira, or he was playing with my mind. Either way, he was using [Y/N] against me and that was never never a good thing.

I hadn't needed to go anywhere, so i decided to stay outside the hotel room door, not close enough to listen in, doing that wouldn't feel right and I was sure [Y/N] would tell me if Light had said anything wrong...

Your POV

You looked up at light, he was tall, his long brown hair came slightly over his eyes, he didn't have that strange feel to him like Ryuzaki did, he screamed dangerous. From the way he stood to the constant smirk on his face, he was wrong. You wouldn't let that thought show on your face, no. Despite his wrongness, he seemed to be purposely sexy, like he set out to seduce someone.

"So [Y/N], it's nice to finally meet you again." He said, his smirk extending to a warm smile. You agreed quietly. "What's life been like?"

You shrugged. "Everything's as normal."

Light smiled wider still, the look in his eye changed and you didn't even want to guess what the difference was. "Normal is boring, don't you think?" He muttered, sweeping a piece of your hair from you shoulder gently. You didn't blush, he didn't fluster you, honestly, you suspected him as Kira and he more intrigued you.

"Yes it is." You had to play along, you just had to. This could be crucial to the investigation.

His hand trailed lazily along your neck, which admittedly, you shivered at, but you weren't interested in his affection. He head came close to your ear, his lips brushing your lobe. "Do you want to change it?" He whispered. You nodded slowly. "I am Kira." The words shot into you like a bullet, a mixture of terror and excitement bubbled up inside you.

"Really?" You said.

You felt him nod and place a kiss on your neck. "And I want you to help me. You can't tell anyone about this, and if I find out you have, I will have to kill you."

"Okay." You said. You were going to tell L anyway, you had to, even if it cost you your life, better yours than thousands of others. This is the mindset you're in now? You shook the thought from your head the moment it got there, of course you thought like that now, it was the right way to thing, at least it was in your opinion. Light smiled at you and leant in to kiss you on the cheek. You flinched away from him instatly. "I have a boyfriend." You muttered before he could question.

"It was a friendly jesture, thats all." He sounded a little shocked by your refusal, but just kept smiling as he walked out of the room. You were left there, shocked by everything that had just come to light, Light Yagami was Kira, the truth was out and soon, he would be put to justice.

--------------------------------

Later on, Ryuzaki returned, and bother terror and excite bubbled up inside you as he approached, this was it, the moment you had been waiting for since the start of this case. L looked at you warmly, as if he'd missed you. As he got closer, you began to feel nervous. It was a scary thought, risking your life. He came closer, running his hand delicately up your arm, it was relaxingly tickling. Everything he did was so gentle, it was amazing. You tried to get your head straight, you needed to tell him. "L..." You began.

"I do believe we were rudely interrupted earlier, [Y/N]." He said, and despite his emotionless tone, he was extremely sexy. STOP, THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU STUPID- You stopped yourself from thinking.

Snapping yourself from the daze L was putting you in, you gave him a serious look. "Yes, more about that later, I have something serious for the case."

Ryuzaki seemed to snap into attention the moment you mentioned the case, and as if he wasnt rubbing your arma few moments before, he answered. "Please tell me."

"Well, when Light was talking to me earlier, he uncovered something that was the most important thing, he told me who Kira was! L, he is--" A shooting pain errupted in your chest, it burned all throughout, you couldn't breath and as your let out a scream of pain, your heart thudded to a stop.

You hit the floor. Dead.

Ryuzaki's POV

As her body hit the floor, my mouth dropped open in shock. She was just about to uncover who Kira was, and she died. Something inside of me snapped, and i didnt cry, but I felt the deepest sadness I had felt in a long time. I stared at her body, eyes wide in shock. She was gone. I'd known her for a day, practically fell in love with her and she was just gone. I had to find Kira. I just needed to be more watchful.