Part 5

The feel of his hands running up her thighs and his hot breath on her neck were electrifying. It was like she could feel him all around her body, making her breathing irregular as she let her hand roam over the defined muscles of his back. It didn’t take long for his face to move south, leaving kisses in every inch of her body until he stopped between her thighs. As she prepared herself to feel his touch where she wanted him the most, a strange muffled sound caught her attention, making the room around her clearer as she opened her eyes.

 Camila groaned as she reached for her phone on the nightstand, setting off her alarm and resting her head back on the pillow as she realized she was all alone in her bedroom. The feeling of Shawn’s touch on her body was still very vivid and she wanted to scream out of frustration. Did she seriously just had a sex dream about him? That was ridiculous. She had rejected him the day before, she shouldn’t be having these thoughts and desires over him.

 She just laid there in silence for a few seconds, staring at the ceiling and making the unconscious decision of letting her hand reach the underwear she was wearing underneath a large t-shirt. She closed her eyes and the sight of him immediately showed up in her mind, her hand sliding under her underwear the second her phone vibrated again, making her stop and realize what she was about to do. Was she about to touch herself thinking about Shawn? That was even worse.

 Sitting up on the mattress, Camila takes her phone and sees a text from him. Like fantasizing about him wasn’t enough, he was now tempting her in real life. She opened his text and almost cursed him when she read it. It was like he knew the effect he was having on her.

 Good morning! I hope you had sweet dreams about me. -S

 Camila immediately got out of bed and walked to the balcony, taking a look at his house, her eyes focusing on the balcony she knew led to his bedroom. He was not there, not in the pool area, or at the beach anywhere. He was obviously just teasing her and showing he was not giving up without a fight, but it was terrifying how spot-on he was on that text.

 She looks at her running shoes resting next to her bed and makes a conscious decision to not run on the beach that morning. He’ll probably be doing the same and she’s not sure how to react if she runs into him, both because of how she rejected his kiss the day before and also the dream she just had. She would probably just hide in embarrassment. How hypocritical of her to reject him and dream of him with his face between her legs just a few hours later.

 As she walks downstairs after a cold shower, she hears her dad singing from the kitchen, finding him preparing what looks like breakfast for more than just the three of them. She’s about to speak when she hears her sister’s voice as the girl enters the house from the pool area.

 “ Liyah said they’ll be here in a few minutes.” Sofia said, looking at her older sister with a smile. “ Morning, Mila Banana.”

 “ What’s with the nickname?” Camila asked as the teen girl hugs her before stealing some of the bacon their dad just placed on a plate. “ You never call me that.”

 “ Yeah, but do you remember who used to call you like that?” Sofia said with a smirk, taking a seat in the stools at the bar. “ Shawn!”

 “ Ughh. Not you too, please!” Camila complained, eyeing her father as if expecting him to confess he had told her sister something he shouldn’t.

 “ I didn’t say a word.” Her father defended himself with a laugh. “ I swear.”

 “ Come on, Camila! Liyah told me she saw you two about to kiss yesterday, but you ran off.” Her sister said with excitement.

 “ She doesn’t know what she saw, okay?” Camila ignored her and looked at their dad. “ Now, why are you cooking this much food?”

 “ Dad invited our neighbors for breakfast.” Sofia told her.

 “ That’s just great.” Camila sighed before her sister asked for her help to carry things outside.

 In a few minutes, Camila finds herself sitting across from Shawn on a table by the pool while their parents and sisters talk around them. He participates in all the conversations and laughs at her dad’s silly jokes, but all she can do is try not to look at him. She knows she’s not being as talkative as she can be, but the truth is her mind is a complete mess at the moment. She manages to avoid looking at him for a while until his foot suddenly touches her leg under the table, making her flinch and clear her throat when everyone looks at her. When they all go back to their conversation, she feels it again. His foot is running up and down her leg at a slow pace that sends chills down her body, making her look at him with wide eyes. He just smiles innocently at her and she feels like throwing the toast in front of her on his face but stops herself with a deep breath.

 Breakfast turned out to be a small preview of how hard it will be for her to resist him, because all she could think about as he touched her skin under the table was the dream she had and how much she would like for that to become reality. The hug he gave her before leaving was still engraved in her brain and she had a hard time forgetting how it felt to have his body touch hers.

 After a whole hour of trying to fight her thoughts, Camila decided maybe she needed to just relax. She changed into a bathing suit and brought a book with her as she walked to the beach, setting a towel on the sand before applying sunscreen on her body and laying down. She had her eyes on the pages of the book, reading for a few minutes as she laid on her stomach when she spotted Shawn in the water. She tried to keep her cool and not stare as he stepped out of the water and made his way to where she was, droplets of water on his hair and running down his muscular body.

 “ You’re getting water on my book.” Camila complains, looking up as Shawn stands in front of her.

 “ Sorry.” He smiles at her, stepping back but never leaving.

 “ What do you want?” She asks, hating how his presence was already affecting her.

 “ I just thought you might want to get in the water with me.” He says as she changes her position on the towel, sitting up and staring at him with a laugh. “ It’s kind of lonely over there all by myself.”

 “ You’re not giving up, are you?” She shakes her head, making him laugh with her.

 “ Not until I actually see any proof that you don’t feel the same way.” Camila sighs and tries to come up with an answer that proves her rejection won’t change, but she can’t find any. “ You practically gave your number, you know. You never answered my text this morning, by the way.”

 “ I just-” Camila suddenly squeals and he pulls her up from the sand and lifts her up, running to the ocean carrying her in his arms. She feels the cold water hitting her skin and can’t help but laugh as he drops her. “ That’s really mature of you, Shawn.”

 “ Then why are you laughing?” He says as she throws water at him and in a few seconds they’re laughing while he chases her in the water.

 It’s just when he finally catches her, holding her in his arms that she realizes how good his plan of dragging her into the water was. His skin on hers is like fire, her eyes locked into his as she feels herself letting her walls down for the first time. What she was about to do would contradict everything she told him the day before, but she couldn’t stop herself from leaning in and connecting their lips. She feels one of his hands on the back of her neck as he kisses her back, finally taking what she had denied him the first time.

 Maybe she’s the one to blame for how heated things got in just a few seconds, but suddenly her legs and arms were wrapped around him as their tongues met. It was like she was finally living the fantasy she had that morning as his hands moved down to grab her ass, earning a satisfied moan from her lips. When their lips separated for them to catch their breath, Camila looked at him with fear in her eyes. Shawn rested his forehead against hers and she could see in his eyes he understood what she was feeling. He could see how scared she was of letting this happen, but he could also see how much she wanted it.