Part 6

The kitchen counter is filled with grocery bags as Shawn organizes some of the things they bought in the fridge, his sister stealing some of the chocolate she convinced him to get in their little trip to the grocery store. He’s finishing putting everything away in the kitchen when a loud laugh catches his attention from outside the house. The glass doors to the pool are open and as he lifts his eyes he can see Camila and Sofia running around their own pool and laughing, the younger girl trying to push her older sister in the water. He can’t help but smile at the sight. She looks so carefree and happy and he starts wondering if the kisses they shared the day before were playing a part in that.

 After she kissed him at the beach yesterday, he could tell she was scared of what she had done, but it didn’t look like she regretted it. One kiss led to another, and then another until he lost track of how long they’ve been there making out in the water. She had eventually got out of the water and smiled at him before walking back to her house, leaving him there in complete shock after finally getting what he wanted. He wished he had said something, but he was scared to push her away after she had finally given in. He was actually still trying to decide what his next move would be, but as he looked at her laughing with her sister an idea came to his mind.

 “ What do you think of going out for some ice cream?” Shawn asked his sister, who looked at him like he had gone insane.

 “ We just got home.” Aaliyah said. “ You hate driving me downtown.”

 “ Then enjoy my generosity.” Shawn told her as she kept looking at him with suspicion. “ And go outside and invite Sofia and Camila to come with us.”

 “ Oh, I see.” His sister laughs and stands up from one of the stools. “ You can’t get Camila to go out with you, so you’re using me and her sister so she can’t say no.”

 “ Just shut up and do what I said, Liyah.” Shawn rolled his eyes. “ I’m the one paying for the ice cream.”

 “ Don’t worry, I’ll be convincing and even drag Sofi to a random store so you two can have some time alone.” Aaliyah said before walking outside to invite them. He never used his little sister’s help when it came to girls because he didn’t want to involve her in any of that, but Camila was different. She was worth all this chase he was doing, even if he still wasn’t sure where they stood.

 It didn’t take long for his sister to come back with a smirk on her face, conforming she easily convinced them to join the two of them in their ice cream trip. Camila and Sofia met them in their driveway and both their younger sisters climbed in the backseat quickly, leaving Camila no option but to sit next to him in the front. The two teenage girls did most of the talking as Camila stayed quiet, bouncing her right leg up and down in a sign that showed him she was nervous about being there next to him. She kept stealing glances at him, so of course, she noticed as he stared at the short sundress she was wearing when the car stopped at a red light. Where did she get those dresses anyway? It was like they were made to perfectly hug and show off every single one of her curves. Was she even aware of how much that piece of clothing affected him?

 As soon as he parked his car in front of the ice cream shop, their sisters ran out of the car and left the two of them alone. He didn’t even get the chance to say anything before Camila followed the two girls, making him do the same. They walked in side by side, finding Aaliyah and Sofia at the counter ordering their choices of ice cream. Both he and Camila did the same and ended up sitting next to each other in a booth, their sister across from them smiling as if they had planned the whole thing.

 “ Sofi, I wanted to show you something across the street. There’s this really cool new bookstore where they let a bunch of cats sleep around the shelves.” Aaliyah said, standing up as Sofia looked at her older sister asking for permission.