Cookies

Ivy directs the workers as they set up the conference for the presentations on the projects when Bailey calls her over, "Hey. How long is this gonna take?"

She shrugs, "We have 25 proposals so it's gonna take as long as it needs."

"Babe," Jackson calls her over.

"Whats up?" She asks, stealing his cookie.

"That was my co-whatever, I love you," he smiles up at her.

Ivy glares at him, "Nope. Not how that's gonna work. I love you too, but I have to start these presentations," she makes her way back to the front of the stand, "Good morning and welcome to Grey Sloan Innovation Prototypes Day. Today, we will see presentations of the 25 proposals that were chosen in round one. Five will be selected to move on to the contests final phase and recieve a one million dollar grant to further their groundbreaking research. Good luck to all of today's presenters. And we will begain with Dr. Richard Webber."

Making her way back, she tells her husband and mother in law, "You're on deck."

"Take your own cookie this time, before you steal mine," Jackson shoves a cookie in her mouth as she sits at judges table.

"Thank you. Now let's begin. Now, once we identify the cancer, we do everything we can...so when you apply the Path Pen to tissue, it rapidly identifies whether a cell is healthy," the pen dings, "or cancerous," it buzzes."

Ivy clarifies, "So you're showing us a mock up?"

Webber shakes his head, "No, no. It's functional. I mean, it's still in the testing stage, but, at this point, approximately 80% of all tinorbtypes we sampled are in the database and we hope for 100% in the next few months. The pen uses a...mass spectrometer, which compares biomarkers from the tissue with those of the cancer cells in the database. The device-"

○○○○

Ivy smiles as she watches Jackson and Catherine presentation while feeling unreasonably giggly, "Current procedures use a portion of the small intestine to provide the feel of the vagina, but the result can still have some practical limitations, due to its inability to secrete fluid. The peritoneal tissue is a good choice for vaginal reconstruction. Now let's look at the slides."

Giggling, Ivy slumps in her chair as Jackson continues, "Thats when I said, hey. We can make a better vagina, you know? I'm gonna go back. That sounds, uh-that sounds wrong. Vaginas are terrific the way they are, honestly. I love em, you know. Uh, I cane from one, so...this one, hers, actually. Hey, ma."

"Thats not what the script says," Catherine reminds her son.

April, who was sitting behind Ivy, starts giggling loudly, causing Ivy to.

"Do to unforseen circumstances, we are postponing the remainder of today's presentation. Please raise your hand if you ate any cookies from this tin," Ivy and many others hands go up, "Unfortunately, the cookies in this tin were tainted with rat poison. So we need to treat those of you who have ingested them as soon as possible, please," Meredith announces.

Sliding down in her chair, Ivy slightly panics.

○○○○

Moving into another room with everyone else who ate a cookie, Ivy wraps her arms around Jacksons waist and clings to him as Meredith and Wilson come in, "Okay. False alarm. The cookies had Marijuana in them."

"What?!" Catherine asks, before sitting on the couch.

"Yes. I didn't want to scare you."