11

- I skipped over the rest of the class, because it would pick up where Knox reads his poem, and then Todd goes after Hopkins. I didn't think it was necessary to include this since the reader wouldn't change much to the plot there. But please, let me know if you want me to change that -

The bell rang, and everyone stood up to go. Y/n stuffed her books away and got up, prepared to walk over to Meeks as they had Chemistry together next block, and usually walked together with Todd. 

But Meeks had already packed up and was doing some sort of weird, twitchy movement next to his desk. It looked like he couldn't make up his mind whether he should slump into his seat or bolt for the door. Y/n stared hard at him, trying to understand what was happening. He quickly glanced up, as though he could feel her gaze, and startled, the back of books he had just packed up spilling everywhere. Y/n, determined to break the awkwardness, started towards him, in an attempt to help him pick them up. But another figure got their first.

"Oh, Meeksie such a Klutz" Charlie said loudly, laughing and handing him the books. "Great poem, by the way. And yours too y/n. Simply sublime." He winked, at her, and put on a seductive smirk that best suited him. She blushed even more furiously than she had when he'd given her the rose. 

Although she noticed something peculiar. Although he was clearly flirting with her, he didn't seem to be looking at her or paying her much attention at all. Immediately after he'd complimented her, he looked around at Meeks. Following his gaze only made her confusion deepen. Meeks was an angry red color, lips pursed and his jaw clenched. His fists had balled up around the strap of his bag. Charlie seemed satisfied, and erased the smirk from his face, chuckling loudly. "Thought so" he muttered under his breath to himself.

The moment passed. Y/n's eyes met Meeks's and he relaxed. She smiled at him gently. Neil and Todd and the others had joined them by now, fairly subdued. 

"I also really enjoyed your poem, Meeks," She told him softly. 

An elated grin spread across his face. "Really?" He squeaked, his voice high and anxious. He quickly cleared his throat and tried again. "Really?"

"Yes, really, silly boy" She laughed, a tinkling and infectious sound. "I wanted to know what inspired it, actually."

"Oh...just... you know..." he stammered, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Meeksie's got a cruuuuush" Charlie said in a high sing-song voice.

"Shut it. No, I don't. I was just inspired. Besides, I'm not the only one with a love poem. Look at you. And Knox, for that matter" Meeks replied, as quick with a rebuttal as always

"Ouch," Knox replied in response to getting dragged into it. 

"Mine was not a love poem," Charlie said quickly.

"No, it was a poem bragging about how big your dick is, Charlie" y/n chimed in, rolling her eyes.

"It's not my fault I was born with a superior sex drive, now was it?" He retorted in mock frustration.

"Guys guys guys cut it out we have to go. Bell's gonna ring any second!" Cameron said over the laughter of the group. Everyone groaned but began shuffling towards the door and down the hall.

"Hey is everyone cool if y/n joins the Society?" Neil called out just as the hall split and they had to go their separate ways. "Say nay if you're opposed"

No one spoke. "Alright, doll, you're in," Charlie said and began walking with Cameron and Pitts and Neil away towards study hall.

"In what?" Y/n said in complete confusion.

 "Meeks and Todd will fill you in!" Neil called and then they turned a corner and left.