Chapter One

𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒: 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

Date: June 11, 2152

Location: Earth

Time: 2:15pm, before the great disaster....

"...Alright everyone, please turn your science textbooks to page 56 as we discuss the process of how the endocrine system helps produce hormones that regulate growth, tissue function, reproduction, and....."

It was almost summer vacation and here I was, listening to my biology teacher, Mrs. Steinburg, drone on about the endocrine system instead of having a free period like the rest of my classes. I yawned as I lazily flipped to the page and stared at the clock, watching the little hand move slowly as the minutes went by. It was almost time to go home, only 20 more minutes and I could finally head out and meet up with my family. My parents promised my sister Dum and I a trip to our local planetary base, Mira HQ. We planned to tour around and learn the basics. Learning the basics of the platform and doing the tasks right are not easy, so my parents thought it be best if we could get a head start so it wouldn't be as difficult understanding it in the future. "Better now than later" is how my parents put it after they told us the big news.

"....and now we know what hormones are released when-"

𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑚.

Mrs. Steinburg stops talking and looks up along with the rest of the class. Every head in the room turned to the window. Was it a gunshot, or was it just a car backfiring?

Silence.

Mrs. Steinburg clears her throat, which drew our attention back to her as she began to look for the paragraph she left off at.

𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑠ℎ...𝐵𝑂𝑂𝑀.

My eyes widen as I saw a huge, flaming asteroid plummet into the side of the town's water tank, causing it to burst with water shooting out of the tanks side as it spilled over houses, destroying them all. "EVERYBODY, DOWN!" Mrs. Steinburg bellowed as the whole class went crazy. People were screaming and crying as more asteroids zoomed by, engulfing our town in flames. I covered my head with my hands, looking from side to side in a state of panic. Mrs. Steinburg edged her way along the wall to the window as she opened it, tears running down her cheeks. "All of you, go quickly" she said, her voice urgent. "Head to Mira HQ, and board the ships. Not home, our homes have already been destroyed. Do you hear me? Don't stop till you reach the ships."

She quickly hopped out the window and looked back.

"Go, all of you, NOW!"

𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒:
𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛! 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡? 𝐼 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 2 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠, 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑙.
𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤:
• 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑙𝑦 17 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐷𝑢𝑚 𝑖𝑠 18
•𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑎 𝐻𝑄, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 20 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦
• 𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑎 𝐻𝑄'𝑠 𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒, 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦
• 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑦𝑒𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦;)
• 𝑌𝑒𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 2152, 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝑎𝑚 𝐼 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡?
𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒!
- 𝐺𝑇_𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟