Chapter Two

*Blood Warning*
Video Credit to Lucas King

Date: June 11, 2152

Location: Earth

Time: 2:22pm

I hopped out the window and ran as fast as I could to Mira HQ's base. My chest burned as I struggled to breath through the smoke while my legs were almost on the verge of collapsing. As I ran, thoughts swirled through my head. Where were my parents? Where was Dum? Are they alright? Are they even still alive? My eyes began to water and I was hit with a sudden wave of nausea, but I knew that if I even stopped for a second I would be hit by those massive asteroids.

I ran for what seemed like an eternity. My lungs felt like they were going to explode and my vision was getting blurrier by the minute until I spotted the ships, all lined up and ready to go. There were about 10 of them, and huge crowds of people were fighting over who gets to board or who gets to stay. People were pushing and shoving while the security tried their best to keep everyone calm. I looked around frantically for any of my family members, hoping they were all alive until I heard a sharp, pained cry. "Player!!" I turned my head sharply as I instantly recognized the voice. It was my father! With all my remaining strength I ran towards his voice. "Dad!!" I called out as I saw him raise his arm slowly, just enough for me to see.  He was behind some tall cardboard boxes, but his face was nowhere to be seen. "Dad, I'm here! Oh my god, I'm so glad your-"

I froze in my tracks, my eyes widened as I took in the scene. He was lying on the ground, blood soaking through his shirt. It pooled onto the ground as he struggled to lift his head up to see me. His face, neck, and arms where covered in scratches and slits, all bleeding down causing the pool of blood to expand. "Player....." my father croaked as he reached out to me.  I dropped down to the ground and gently lifted his head, leaning close. My heart pounded as I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes. "Dad...w-what happened?" I whispered as he coughed, wiping blood away from his mouth. "An asteroid hit our home....there was no time....y-your mother...." tears began to trickle down his scarred cheeks as my tears began to flow. "No....no....this isn't real.....this can't be happening.." my father wiped the tears from my face, his face now as equally wet as mine. "I'm sorry....it was all so sudden, I tried to carry her, but it was too late....." His voice cracked and I drooped my head, sobbing softly as the tears flowed down my cheeks and onto the ground. After a minute like this I lifted my head up again, wiping the tears away. "C'mon dad, we need to get going now...the ships are going to take off soon..." My father looked at me and caressed my cheek, his hand trembling. "Son...I'm much too weak to board, you're gonna need to board alone. M-my time...is up...." I quickly shook my head, refusing to believe what I just heard. "N-no, its not! You're gonna make it, I swear! I can't lose you too" I opened my mouth wide to call for help, but my father brought his finger over my lips. "Shhh....listen to me....please go out there and arrive on Polus safely. Find your sister, and t-take this..." My father took out a small, red knitted beanie from his pocket and handed it to me. "This was the only thing I was able to save...you used to wear this thing all the time when you were a child..." He smiled weakly at the thought of the memories.

Suddenly, I heard a loud "Hey!" coming from behind me. I turned to see a yellow suited man with blonde hair waving and motioning for me to hop onto the ship. "C'mon dude! We need one more person on this thing! We got to leave now or its gonna get a whole lot worse!" My father raised his head and gently kissed my hair one last time. "Go, my son, I p-promise you, we'll meet again someday...look to the stars and you'll see me."  I looked at my father and sobbed loudly, clutching his hand. The yellow suited man sighed and hopped off the ship and ran to me, gently pulling me away from my father. "C'mon kid... I know it's hard but it's time to go...." I struggled and tried to run back, but this guy was really strong. "NO! PLEASE, WE NEED TO HELP HIM! HE'S ALL THAT I HAVE LEFT!!" The guy seated me on one of the ship's cushions as the doors slowly closed. I shoved him off me and ran as fast as I could but it was too late. The doors have already closed, and the ship was rising fast. "NOOOO!" I pounded on the door and raced to the window, where I took one last look at my father. He slowly mouthed the words "I love you" before the final asteroid hits, making the ground cave in as I witnessed my father plunge into the darkness.

𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒: 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠
𝑅𝐼𝑃 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝑑𝑎𝑑 𝐴𝑙𝑎𝑛, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 :(