Chapter Three

Date: June 11,2152

Location: Skeld

Time: 3:40pm

The ship rose higher and higher into the sky, eventually breaking through the earth's atmosphere. I stared as I saw hundreds of asteroids crashing onto the planet's surface, erupting it in flames. Earth was already split in two, with magma oozing and floating out through space, almost like blood in water. My lip trembled as I felt the yellow-suited man place his hand on my shoulder. "Quite a sight, isn't it?" Without turning to face him, I nodded. "Yeah.....it really is..."
The man sighed and shook his head. "Such a shame that we had to leave so early. It was so sudden, none of us had any idea it was about to happen." He looked up towards the ceiling and shook his fist. "Why, dear goddess, WHY???"

I sighed, too upset from the previous events to even crack a smile at his sudden outburst. The man seemed to understand and patted my back gently. "C'mon, lets take a seat. The scene outside is way too depressing to watch, kinda starting to make me feel a bit nauseous, which is a bit weird if you ask me." I chuckled a bit at his remark and sat next to him, clutching the beanie in my hands. I began to notice some of the other people on the ship. "Hey...do you think you could introduce me to these people?" The man smiled and nodded, "Sure thing dude!" First, he pointed to himself. "For starters, the name's Veteran. I'm known for my gruff voice and experience on the battlefield. Sure, I may be 17 years old but hey, I won't let anything get in the way of defending others." He then pointed to two men who were busy looking on their phones. A green-suited guy with long brown hair with a blue-suited guy with dark brown hair. "That's Stoner and Bro. They're pretty chill in general, but Stoner's a total weed addict and Bro's kinda an asshole at times."

Next he pointed to another two men, one in a black suit and one in a orange suit. They seemed to be arguing. "Those two are The Gentleman and Mr. Cheese. The Gentleman is the one with the mustache and horrible fashion sense and Mr. Cheese is kinda his lover, sidekick, whatever. They have a pretty rough relationship." After that, Veteran pointed to a purple-suited guy with glasses who had his arm wrapped around a lime-suited girl with blonde hair. "That's Engineer and Gnome. They're basically the lovebirds on this ship, so be prepared to see some gross lovey-dovey stuff." Suddenly, there were squeals coming from the back of the ship. Two small boys were playing with a middle-aged cyan-suited woman with dirty blonde hair. "That over there is Mother. She has two boys named Timmy and Franklin. Don't let them fool you: Those kids may look cute on the outside, but on the inside they are little devils that like to torture any living thing on sight." Finally, he pointed to a man in a white Captain's outfit who was busy looking at his tablet. "And finally, that's Captain. Many see him as an authority figure of sorts, though his leadership skills are...𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒."

He then widened his eyes. "Oh! I almost forgot, you need to wear a space suit in here. It's kinda a requirement here, y'know?" He led me over to a rack filled with leftover spacesuits. "Just pick the suit you want, and you'll be all set." I thanked Veteran and went through the suits. There were a variety of colors, but one color in particular stood out to me the most. "I think I'll take this red suit. Just something to match with my red beanie, and to remind me of my father..." I bit my lip as I felt the tears come back, but I managed to keep a straight face. Veteran gave me a thumbs up. "Good choice, I think red suits you nicely. You have some decent fashion sense, unlike Gentleman over there. He likes to pair his suit up with double top hats." The Gentleman looked up with an annoyed expression. "Oh do be quiet, Veteran! May I remind you that I find myself to have exquisite fashion sense. You aren't any better with that filthy crown on your head!" Veteran scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Haters gonna hate" he mumbled as he faced me. "Anyways, Captain said he's going to give us a tour of the ship. It's a pretty big place, filled to the brim with tasks. But knowing myself, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need help with at least all of them." I smiled at him reassuringly. "Don't worry, I can help you with your tasks. My parents have been teaching me all about them growing up. This shouldn't be too difficult." Veteran patted my back with a huge smile. "Thanks man, your a life saver!" I laughed for the first time, finally glad to to have a decent friend on this ship.

𝐴𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒: 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟! 𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒:)