Chapter 2: Naughty Little Assassin

A month earlier...

"Sir, you're now entering director Chen's villa, shall I inform him?" One of the workers that are working under him who are an expert in computers and hacking said from the earpiece he's using.

"mn, Tell him I'm in front of his villa," Xiao Zhan answered as he parked his noiseless car in front of the director's villa. The villa was silent but the lights were on. His brows furrowed at the unusual silence of the place.

"Jus, did you tell the director?" Xiao Zhan asked the person he's talking to earlier.

"He's not answering, sir," he replied as he tries ringing him again.

Xiao Zhan sighed, as he suspected, The director's house was unusually silent and they can't even reach the director. "Hack all his systems, something might have happened to the director," he instructed.

Jus immediately did what he was told, he hacked the system but he was surprised to see that the CCTV cameras of the house were taken down. "Sir, CCTV surveillance had been cut off. No records were left on the history,

"WHAT?!" Xiao Zhan exclaimed furiously. Something is really not right. "Open the damn door!" he shouted.

"Yes, sir," Jus obliged and open the automated door of the director's house. He immediately runs inside. No sign of butlers, maids, or servants in the house. He clicked his tongue, the guards were nowhere to be found as well. As he ran every corridor, he opens the doors he passes, until he reaches the director's office on the top floor.

The stench of different scents is coming from it. There was a scent of blood and different pheromones coming from the bodies. He clenches his hands on the knob as he opened the door. He was welcomed with bodies of them inside, the one who did it must've moved them all in one room.

He checked on one of the dead bodies, the body looks like it was not yet dead for an hour. He looked around to check if the one who killed them was still around, but he can't feel any sign of who might it was, but strangely, a smell of a dominant alpha is lingering inside. Because of his strong sense of smell, a faint scent for normal people is nothing. But for him, as a dominant omega and a wolf, his sense of smell is what made him the top rank.

"Niel, call the investigators, body of director Chen and his workers are lying on the floor dead. Inform the higher-ups about this," he instructed his workers through the earpiece.

"Yes, sir," Niel responded immediately.

As Zhan walked around to find more clues, something caught his eye. It was an earpiece, he squinted his eyes as he bent down to pick it and looked closely.

"Hm," he hummed as he brushes it against his nose, a smirk formed from his lips. "So a vampire alpha huh," he mumbled as he stares at it with his evil grin. "What a naughty little assassin," he sneakered and put the thing in his pocket. "Niel, cancel the investigators, I will investigate myself."

"But, sir?" Niel retorted.

"Do as I say, still tell the higher-ups the situation, I'm sure an assignment will be given to me early tomorrow," he uttered and put both his hands in his pocket.

"Yes, sir," Niel obliged.

Xiao Zhan walked around the room, the desk where the director's body is placed is all messed up. Seems like they rummage on it to find useful things.

"Hm, this naughty assassin loves treasure hunting as well? Cute," he remarked as he picks on the papers scattered everywhere with his index and thumb as if disgusted to even hold it properly.

"Oh, That naughty assassin stole the documents that director Chen is holding," he nodded, fakely amused by it. Then he saw the hidden notebook planner of the director, the date was today, there were written 'Meeting with detective Xiao and letter for a favor.' Xiao Zhan raised an eyebrow and looked around if there's a letter, but it was not anywhere, "The naughty assassin might have it," he smirked, "Guess we'll see each other later."