Prologue

The moonlight reflected on the large lake settled between all the Clans. Rainstar looked around, and could only spot birds flying around trees, and the owls that hoot in the silent, ominous, night. Besides that, there were some tiny movements coming from behind the trees. It must just be prey. Rainstar breathed, and settled down on a rock. The noise stopped, though she still felt insecure. She looked around for any animals, but there were none. Why am I so cautious today? I'm never like this. Her fur was bristling as if it knew the answer.

Heartbeats later, a loud yowl shook the ground beneath her and broke the eerie silence in the forest. Rainstar jumped in surprise. What is that?! Quickly getting to her battle stance, she bared her teeth, ready for what she was about to attack. But when she scanned the area, there was still no one to be seen in the clearing Rainstar was in. Was I imagining that? She stood up, confused.

Right when she was thinking she had imagined everything, a brown muscular figure with darker stripes flashed in front of Rainstar's eyes, jaws stretched out wide, it snatched at Rainstar's neck. I'm definitely not imagining this!!!! Rainstar yelped in surprise and focused on the figure, but screeched in terror as his claws were about to sink into her throat. Tigerstar?!

(227 words)