Chapter 12

"Who... Tigerstar?" Sighteye's heart lurched in panic. I'm no warrior, I can't defend myself, not to mention fighting him!

"Yes, it's me. You had better not ruin my plans. You have two choices. One, follow my rule, and two, don't do anything to stop us. Or three, don't do any of these and die." Tigerstar snarled.

"Not again..." Sighteye moaned. "I suppose the second choice." Even though I won't follow... I'll figure something out.

"Fine, but I'll be keeping an eye on you." Tigerstar growled.

"Am I supposed to be scared?" Sighteye forced a laugh. I am... but I don't want to show it.

"Hmph. Well that was supposed to be threatening but okay." Tigerstar muttered, and Sighteye purred. "What!?" Tigerstar snarled.

"Nothing." Sighteye stopped.

"The Gathering has commenced, you know that right?" Tigerstar laughed.

"No, because I'm blind." Sighteye growled. It's time for the Gathering already?! I need to get back! "Well can you get me there?"

"Oh, you're asking for help? From a Dark Forest cat?" Tigerstar purred.

"No! Whatever. I don't need your help." Sighteye muttered in frustration.

"Fine. Have fun finding the Gathering while being blind!" Tigerstar sneered, and stopped talking. Which means he probably left.

Sighteye sighed as he stumbled around trying to scent the clans' scent. Hopefully I can find them... Otherwise I might be lost for a while. He shuddered at the thought. I might starve to death... No, I won't. I won't.

"Sighteye!" Beechwing's voice startled him.

"Beechwing?" Sighteye mumbled as he realised he couldn't see.

"It's me, yes. I'll guide you to the Gathering... I saw what happened. I can't stop him. I'm sorry. We don't have the power to do so." Beechwing's voice was solemn.

"It's okay." Sighteye murmured. Just lead me to the Gathering please...

"Follow me." He heard Beechwing's faint voice ahead of him, and walked towards the sound. This is going to be difficult without being able to see... He sighed.

******

"You're here." Beechwing murmured to him.

"I... I can't thank you enough." Sighteye purred with gratification.

"I'll always watch over you, Sightflame. Now go in, you're already a few minutes late." Beechwing purred.

"I will." Sighteye wanted to brush his flank on Beechwing, but he was a spirit, not a living cat. Thank you, you are a cat I will never forget. I will always hark back to you, deep down under my soul......

******

"Moonpaw, come on, it's time to leave." Willowheart called.

"Fine, I'm coming..." Moonpaw grumbled. It's going to be so boring without Skypaw.

******

"Welcome to the Gathering! I will begin. WindClan has been doing amazing! The prey has been running, and we have been thriving! We also have a new medicine cat! Let me introduce my son, Sighteye!" Swiftstar announced. Moonpaw rolled her eyes in annoyance. Yeah right, you look like you haven't eaten for days! Of course he's being that braggy... He's working with the Dark Forest!