A scene in the Rain

~Malia~

I never had the chance to explore the mysteries of Romano's house. There were so many different rooms , meaning it would take me months to get through each and every one. But one place I got the chance to venture through was his garden, once your eyes set upon it ,you would never believe it all belonged to someone like him. I asked how his garden stays this tidy if he doesn't look after any of this , he told me his mother's soul must still live amongst it. But really I think he secretly takes care of it himself, as I've never seen any gardeners around his house before.

"AND WHY IS'NT HE FUCKING THERE?!" Romano shouted, to someone on his phone. "HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THERE LEADING THE WHOLE THING!"

I eyed Romano from across the other side of the garden, his presence was really disrupting the peaceful surroundings.

"WELL GET HIM TO ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE OR YOU'LL BE DEALING WITH ME IN PERSON!!"

He scrunched up his forehead, holding his fists together, turning them a bright red. He's always so frustrated with work, I've never seen him at peace ,apart from those rare occasions where he's in that 'mood'.

"The people who work for you must really love you" I commented sarcastically.

His eyes narrowed upwards, presenting an unamused expression on his face.

"Ezra's fucking around" Romano groaned, slouching down onto the bench.

"Why's that?",

"HE'S NOT ANSWERING HIS PHONE AND HAS'NT EVEN SHOWN UP TODAY!" Romano yelled.

"Do we need to shout?" I muttered back, placing my pen in between the pages of my book.

His intense glare set upon me, as his jaw unclenched from it's grip.

"He's probably busy with something important" I smiled lightly, hoping to get him to let go of the tension he was building up.

Ezra's one of the closest people I know now, someone who has helped me out at the start of all this. He's one of the only people I know who seems to get along with Romano. However I don't believe he's doing something important, he tends to take advantage of his 'role' in Romano's mafia.

And as you can tell this doesn't work well between the both of them.

"I bet you he's out drinking again" he suggested, making his way over to me.

I was seated on the ground, by his oddly spaced out flower patches. I admire the scenery such as nature, the complete place for me to jot down my ideas for my writing.

"Mmm" I hummed,

"You don't really care do you?"

To be fair I wasn't paying attention to half the things he ranted on about.

"You make everything such a big deal" I sighed, staring at him upwards, "try not to think so much".

It was hypocritical of me to even say, as I'm one who overthinks about literally everything.

"Sit" I suggested, patting the grass beside me.

He looked to the open space I was signalling at, then back to my face. He replied back, Shaking his head sideways like a child. Did he have to be so high and mighty all the time?

"Wait, Don't tell me the big bad mafia boss is afraid of grass", I mocked, exaggerating a large expression of shock.

"I'm not afraid of anything" he smirked, dragging me up onto my feet by my arms.

Nothing?

He twisted his arm across the back of my waist, pulling me into his chest. I let out a slight giggle, as I clinged onto the collar of his shirt.