Once its Gone

"Speaking"

('Thinking')

~~~~~~~MomoPOV~~~~~~~~

('I wonder what Izuku wants to talk to me about.') I thought to myself as I walked to the park to meet my childhood friend. It was amazing that we'd been friends our whole lives, our parents had been friends and classmates in their youth as well. So it made since that our families had always been close.

So of course that would carry over to their offspring after spending so much time together. I can't remember a time where Izuku wasn't there. Weither it was at my house, his, school or even the park were I now stood. This place held many fond memories for us, although we haven't spent much time here or together at all recently.

It might have something to do with me spending time with my crush Shoto Todoroki. I get the feeling Izuku doesn't like him very much. I don't understand why, Izuku told me I shouldn't trust Shoto. I brushed him off thinking he's probably upset because we don't get to spend time together like we used to.

"Hey Momo!" I heard him call out to me as I neared the bench where we always sat. He gave me that million watt smile he was known for. Even my heart skipped a beat when he did this, this time was no exception. After all these years, you'd think I'd have gotten used to it.

"Hey Izuku! What did you want to talk about? Sorry I can't stay long, I have to go meet Shoto at the mall after this." I said as I gave him a quick hug before sitting down next to him. His smile faded abit when I said that, but it was gone so fast I was sure I was seeing things.

"Listen Momo....." he said growing nervous as he started fiddling his thumbs " I have something I've always wanted to tell you....... I've just been to afraid to ruin what we already have. But I can't wait anymore, I have to say it now..... Momo I love you. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember."

I was stunned, I never expected this was what he wanted to talk about. ('I've never thought about Izuku in that kind of way........ But I like Shoto.... is this the reason why Izuku doesn't like him? Because I like Shoto and not him?')

I grew a little angry at Izuku for telling me not to trust Shoto. ('Did he say that so I'd stay away from Shoto?!') but after looking into his honest emerald eyes I calmed down abit. Izuku wasn't like that, he'd never do anything to upset me. 

It didn't change the fact I liked Shoto however, and I knew that Izuku would understand. He'd always supported me, and knew that he would always be there for me. No matter what, he'd always be my friend. 

"I'm sorry Izuku.......... Lets just stay friends?" I asked him as he gave me a sad smile. I knew he was holding back his tears. I felt horrible, my heart was hurting seeing him trying to hold his feelings in check. What was worse, I knew I couldn't comfort him. If I tried I'd make him feel worse.

"Sure Mo-Yaoyorozu-san........ lets stay friends." he said giving me a heart-breaking sad smile. 

('Why did he call me by last name instead of my given one?') Before I could question him I got a text from Shoto asking where I was. I looked at the time and realized I was late. Standing up quickly

"Sorry Izuku, I got to go...... talk to you later!" I said as I sped off not waiting for a reply. I felt terrible just leaving him like that and I promised myself I'd make it up to him later. 

Little did I know that would be the last time I saw him.

~~~~~~Timeskip/ two weeks later~~~~~~

Everything was going perfect in my life, well almost everything. I hadn't spoken or even seen Izuku since that day in the park. I wanted to check up on him, but Shoto was a very demanding boyfriend and I didn't have any free time after school to go see Izuku. The day  Izuku confessed was also the day Shoto did.