Mother's advice and Izuku's secret

"Speaking"

('Thinking')

~~~~~Momo POV~~~~~

" I have to draw the line........ otherwise I'll forget that we are just friends.." His words echoing throughout my mind. His words cutting me deep, what was worse he said it with no malice. I couldn't feel any intent to hurt me. To him, it was him simply stating a fact, he was doing exactly what I asked him. To stay as friends, he cared about me so much he closed off his heart to me.

This was just like him, once he decides to do something, no matter what he feels about it, he'll follow through. He was also so different from how he used to be. He was way more confident in himself. He used to be so shy, his only friends being myself and katsuki.

It was a completely different story now, in just one day he had befriended the entire class. He fit in so seamlessly, if you had a stranger walk in and point out who was the new person Izuku would be the last person they would think. They would have thought that Izuku was the popular kid in class.

Soon enough I made my way home, only to find Izuku was waiting for me by the gate. I was surprised to find him waiting on me. Before I could ask him why he waited, he looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"It'd be weird to walk into your house without you..... Sorry, just give me a bit of time to adjust and this awkward air will go away. Everything will go back to how we were before I confessed bestie." he said as I made my way to him.

('I don't want to go back to being just friends...... but I don't know how to go forward after I hurt him so bad.')

I found myself reaching out to his back as he started walking into the house, I wanted to stop him. Tell him how sorry I was for rejecting him back then, how I should have listened to him, but most importantly how much I love and missed him.

Yet I couldn't bring myself to stop him from moving forward. Neither metaphorically nor physically as I slowly pulled my outstretched arm back to my side as I walked behind him. Soon enough we were greeted at the door by my families servants. Many of which instantly recongized Izuku and were excited to see him again.

Izuku had always been rather popular, although he never seemed to notice due to his shy personality. Everyone loved him to a greater or lesser extent, I was once again reminded just how great of a guy Izuku is. As he quickly greeted each and everyone of them politely and in a well mannered fashion, even going as far to refer to everyone by name.

This seemed to shock many of them, as they seemed to have expected for him to have forgotten them. Since he had only learned their names in passing and he had spent most of his time with me while here. I let out a small smile at this, as this was another part of Izuku that had remained the same.

He always had a really good memory, he was usually able to remember everything he was shown or that he was told instantly. So I wasn't surprised that he remembered them all, in fact I expected it of him. It perfect sense to me that he was one of the very few able to pass that extremely tough transfer exam.

"Ah young master Izuku, it is great to see you again. The master and madam have been eagerly awaiting your arrival." came the voice of Bruce Wingate my family's head butler

"Its nice to see you again as well Bruce-san, is my room ready?" asked Izuku so naturally you'd have thought he was part of the family. Although in a way Izuku was viewed as part of the family already. Bruce had seen Izuku grow from a small child into the outstanding young man standing before him.

 "Of course young Master, please follow me. Your things from home arrived yesterday and we have set up a separate room for your........ job." he said as he quickly glanced over at me. I wondered what that was about.  Izuku smiled and nodded