"Reluctant Heros"

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~IzukuPOV~~~~~~~~

Its been a couple of days since that rather awkward dinner and my conversation with Bruce about my current relationship with Momo. I still wasn't sure about what to do now, things were still tense between us. Although she seemed less.... depressed? I guess is the way to put it, since our reunion.

She was making more of an effort to talk to me, it seemed like she was trying to back to the days before I confessed. I have somewhat responded to it, I mean I couldn't exactly keep up my cold act if I was going to be living in the same house. Besides I don't want to worry uncle Ichika and I definitely don't want aunt Houki getting involved in this.

Not to mention, today was the day of the big announcement. So I had bigger things to worry about, keeping my secret identity secret for one. Lord knows the kind of trouble that'll follow if I was ever exposed. It shouldn't be too hard since the only ones who knew what I looked like are my four bandmates, our other three friends at Beacon, uncle Ichika, Bruce and my mentor and former superstar, Toshinori Yagi, better known to the world by his stage name All-Might. Only one other knows... or rather knew. Shaking my head I got rid of those thoughts before I started getting depressed. She wouldn't want that.

Speaking of my bandmates, I wondered how they were going to keep up their studies and do this tour? When I asked lil'red about it before I returned to japan, she said not to worry about it while munching on a cookie. I liked lil' red but I couldn't fully trust her due to knowing just how careless she can be at times. Looking to her partner, who merely nodded before adding that Ozpin, the headmaster of Beacon academy, the UA of the west and also the school I attended in the US, said it was under control. That was all I needed to hear, still I wondered how he was planning on pulling this off.

Realizing it was starting to get late, I got ready for school before heading out to the gate, where Momo was already waiting.

"You didn't have to wait for me Mo-Yaoyorozu-san...." ('Damn almost slipped again...... why is this so hard?  Just let go already....')

She gave me a sad smile, that quickly disappeared answering

"Because I wanted to......... Izu. Let's go or we'll be late, trust me when I say you don't want to be late in Aizawa sensei's class."

"Guess we'd better hurry then."

~~~~~~~Timeskip/3rdPersonPOV~~~~~~~~

Having made it to school on time, Izuku and Momo took their seats and started talking to their friends. Izuku was having a conversation with Katsuki and Eijiro, as Izuku had befriended the "manly" guy. Honestly the way Eijiro acted reminded him of those old-school honorable delinquent types you'd see in old anime, minus the pompadour and with red hair. Then again Kuwabara was a ginger..... and Izuku realized something and blurted it out.

"He's trying to be like Kuwabara." Eijiro froze and Katsuki looked at Eijiro before breaking into a wide smile and burst out laughing. Silence came over the classroom, everyone except momo, frozen in shock at the laughing Katsuki. Even Eijiro whose face was currently as red as his red from shame having been discovered. Forgot all about his shame, as he watched Katsuki, his friend break out into genuine laughter.

Eijiro felt a slight bit of jealously that Izuku was able to get his friend to laugh, but that quickly passed and was replaced with admiration and gratitude. Katsuki was finally starting to relax and mellow out and it was all thanks to Izuku.

"How did you do that?! Teach me your ways Midori!" came the excited voice of class Gyaru, Mina Ashido. Soon enough, she had her tanned arms wrapped around Izuku's neck from behind and placed her chin on his shoulder. Much to the annoyance of most of the girls in class, but especially two in particular.