1) The lightstick

Ava found herself in a small-ish and barren room, about 8ft on each side of it's square interior. At the front of the room, there was a metal door, which opened vertically and to the left of it were two rectangular buttons, a green one and a red one beneath it.

She looked up to take in the views of the night sky, not knowing it would be her last. As her oval, black eyes made their way up, her peripheral vision picked up the vague and shady details of a crowd of people, all holding a long, white pole tipped with some sort of gold structure.
The long pole produced a vibrant glow, which alternated through many colours.

"Well open it Jack!" A sudden yell from her best friend Jake interrupted her racing thoughts. This newly developed bickering certainly doesn't help the stress of the situation! Despite this, it persisted.

"No Jake! If you're such an alpha male you open it! Or I'll whack you with this pole!" Jack grunted, and the shouting stopped but was replaced with a banging sound. Then a gasp. Maddie.

Ava hated- no, despised, Maddie. First of all, she hacked into her tiktok account and deleted her 200 followers. Ava let out an irritated growl at the very thought of it. She would've been so famous with her 200 followers. And secondly, she was Maddie.

"O.M.G! Jack!" Maddie cried. Her strawberry blonde hair flapped behind her dramatically as she skipped over to stop Jack in his violent tracks.

"Cut it out, Maddie!" Jack, with all his force, shoved Maddie right into the back of another blonde-haired girl, Sophie.
Ava knew it right from her gritty voice.
"Maddie what the hell?" Using both hands, Sophie shoved the pole (which was more earning of the title weapon) right across Maddie's collar bones. Maddie clutched the weapon with her hands, but Sophie's nails soon scratched at her skinny fingers.

Amidst the drama, a boy with black and fluffy hair folded his arms in the corner, his brown eyes focused on the buttons.
"Hey, open it!" Ava wandered towards him. He sighed and was temporarily in thought before revealing his decision with a nod.

He straightened his back and shakily hovered his hand over the green button, his other hand occupied tightly by the weapon. Sweat had soon weakened it's grip, however.

He jolted back, and raised his weapon in the air, glowing a vibrant red. As a speaker in the corner blurted, "Hello, finally introducing..." It paused, then continued at a louder volume.

"LOONA!" Another pause, "Are you girls ready? OK! Let's go!" The speech ended and the door simultaneously began to open. The boy looked around, with horror permanently burned into his eyes.

Everyone raced out into the corridor, leading to some sort of office, with two metal sliding doors on each side. In the middle of the desks, there was an opening which led into another corridor, and so far the rest was darkness to Ava.

Without taking any chances, Ava sprinted through the office. Now, she faced concrete walls on either side, with two openings into other rooms. To her left, was a staircase and some sort of dirt cave which was weakly taped up by yellow and black tape arranged in a diagonal pattern.

To her right, was what looked like a storage room. Bare and wide, and big in size. That room also led to another room which was practically a copy of it proportion-wise. But was full of abandoned boxes, and a wall full of interesting posters. These doors too had the same buttons from before.

But Ava decided to only move forward, into a dim and rectangular room made of black brick and concrete which had pillars running through the middle, a small room, the size of an elevator and to the left of it were two larger doors, currently open with another small room sandwiched between them, most of it's walls a dirty glass.

With her currently was Sophie and some other person who didn't have any significance to her.

"Sophie! Should we stick together?" Ava managed through breathy words.
Sophie was also exhausted, and could only give a frantic nod in response.

The other person had crouched down, shaggy brown hair blocking their face.
Their head turned left and right, scouring for possible threats.
"Can you stick with us too?" Ava (now more relaxed) asked of them.

They nodded calmly, and the three of them set off left. "What's your name?" Sophie asked the other person.

"It's Kate, and I think you two are Sophie and Eva, I-I mean Ava." Kate stammered. After a little chatting, they all arrived to the smaller room, surrounded by murky glass.

Kate sniffed, and began to speak. "This room looks like our safest option, and I feel like this room is on the left door we just passed. We should probably go there." Sophie and Ava gave Kate a firm look.

"If you want to die then suit yourselves, we need to move, and fast!" Kate had finished speaking, so the room was silent until two pairs of footsteps going at a fast pace had interrupted.