Chapter Three

Aris had fallen asleep. Val just let him sleep considering the treatments had made him tired. She tired sleeping like Aris had told her too. She just could not relax enough to sleep. Val just kept over thinking about almost everything. From having had to run the spring with her friend Harriet to knowing their plan will most likely not work. But hope is that it will work or hope that Aris is wrong about these people being bad. Val didn't realize that time had gone by so quick. Before she knew it someone had knocked on their door to tell them lights out. So now she had to wake Aris up once again.

"Aris get they already knocked on the door if you want to go then we have to go now" Val spoke not bothering to whisper since their window would be short.

"Ok wait let me put my jacket back on really quick can you open the vent?" Aris asked.

"Oh yeah" Val said.

Walking to the bed that had a vent under it. Val knelt down into a crawling position. Barely crawling to the vent. Val had grabbed each side of the vent handles and pulled it off. By the time Val crawled back out from under the bed Aris was ready to go.

"Well let's go you have to go first remember you know where the room is" Val spoke.

"Yeah and remember stick together all we have to do is show Thomas the room... you did say his name was Thomas right?" Aris asked. Most likely asking because he wanted to confirm that, that was the kids name.

"Oh yeah it is his name" Val agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aris had led them all the way to the room. Val was still not sure if it was the right room. Considering she never heard them talk or even met  any of them.

"Ok I'm gonna push the vent and get talk to them you stay in the vent anything happens go back to the room" Aris whispered putting his hand on the vent.

"Ok sounds good" Val mumbled.

And he just pushed the vent. Pushing it kind of hard. She could hear the kids inside the room get scared.

"What was that" A unknown voice said.

"I don't know but that was bloody scary" Another unknown voice said. This time in kind of a British voice said.

"Pfft you got scared" Once again another voice spoke.

"Shut up I felt you grab my arm" The British voice spoke.

"Guys shut up I think someone is down there" The first voice spoke.

"Hey" Aris said. One of the kids motioned for Aris to get up.

"Aris?" The voice said again.

"Yeah hey Thomas" Aris spoke.

Val was confused neither of them had met Thomas before. Why were they speaking like they knew each other. She didn't care what Aris had said before, she wanted to know how they knew or even if they knew each other.

"Hey what the hell why are you talking like you two know each other" Val said. Not caring there was a lot of kids around she got out of vent and stood straight up. Looking at Aris.

She could here kids mumbling words to their friends. Val did feel a little out of place. But it didn't stop her from wanting to know why Aris was acting like he knew him.

"HEY I told you to stay in the vent—" Aris spoke before Val cut him off.

"No do you two know each other?" Val asked straight to the point.

"Hey Val right?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah" Val mumbled taken back at Thomas talking to her.

"I'm Thomas. Aris showed you the door right?" Thomas asked.