T is for Tedious Talking

(since I forgot what day it was let's just call it Friday)

Kuroko pov

The next day I woke up to a few notifications on my phone. One was a message from Kagami asking if we were going to hang out today or if I was going to hang out of with Akashi again. I didn't respond to him, it was too early in the morning to be dealing with drama. Instead I looked to the other notifications which were from the dating app. There was a message from a random girl named Yuyu Shirai. She had sent me a photo of herself smiling at some park. She had an odd looking maid outfit on and yet it also held the appearance of a school uniform. The girl had pale skin, long dark purple blue hair and light purplish pink eyes. She was nice looking and yet I felt no attachment to the girl. I read through the message that was attached to the photo. 

Yuyu Shirai: Hey there Tetsuya, I saw your profile and was wondering weather or not you'd be up for getting to know each other and maybe going out on a date some time.

I stared at the message reading and re-reading it over and over until I looked at the clock and sprang to my feet getting dressed for school. I got my things together and grabbed a slice of bread on the way out of the house. 

School was as boring as ever and the moment school was out I felt my phone buzz in my pocket twice. I stared at the messages as I left the current of Seirin high students carry me to the exit. One message was from the Yuyu girl and the other from Akashi. I read Akashi's first.

Akashi: I set up a date with a girl named Mira Konohata tonight. I will report back to you on how things go. How has your search for dates gone?

I respond to Akashi telling him that I had found a girl named Yuyu Shirai to talk with. We hadn't set up a date yet since we were planning on talking for a bit before hand. Next I turned to the message from Yuyu. 

Yuyu Shirai: wanna call, I just got out of school. Btw I go to Yurigaoka girls Academy, where do you go?

I respond to Yuyu with the name of my school and told her I'd call once I got home. I purposely walked very slowly home to avoid talking with the girl. I knew of her school, Yurigaoka girls academy and the more I thought about all the things I'd heard about it I remembered the name of a girl who had died at the school. Her name was Misuzu Kawazoe or something. I shuddered at the thought of a high schooler dying at school. 

Once home I made my way upstairs and called Yuyu on facetime after receiving her number. The girl was in the same outfit as in the photo and she gave me a soft smile when we first saw each other. 

"Hey there," Yuyu smiled. Her hair was down flat against her back and the background was that of a cafe's.

"Where are you right now?" I asked trying not to sound like a creep. I hated the fact that when on calls my presence was very prominent. Since I was so used to people ignoring me and just striding past me it was weird for someone to look straight at me unless it was someone like Akashi who stared everyone down. 

"At my schools cafeteria," responded the teen. I gulped, damn that school must be rich. Even through the tiny screen I could tell that the space was huge. There were a few voices in the background. 

"So I read that you do basketball, are you any good?" Yuyu asked. As she did a pink haired girl with bright pink eyes came up behind Yuyu and then turned to the screen smiling. 

"I'm alright at it," I respond blandly. The pink haired girl poked Yuyu in the cheek and started speaking. 

"Who's this Ms. Yuyu? Wait are you dating!?" the pink haired girl gasped in surprise and took the phone out of Yuyu's hand. Yuyu cried out in annoyance and grabbed the phone back making the camera rock back and forth giving me a small headache. 

"Ms. Yuyu you know better then anyone else here at school that we aren't allowed to date people out of school!" the pink haired girl said in a stern voice. That was the last thing I heard from Yuyu since right after that my screen disconnected from the call and I was left sitting in my room confused. 

Word count: 788