you again?

Maya pov 

About 20 minutes ago, my dad came to our house. He's been yelling at me non-stop since he heard I was engaged, and getting married to carina. "Maya. This is not who I raised you to be." He yells, getting closer to me. 

"Dad. Leave." I yell back, pointing to the door. "You're a fucking disgrace." He mutters, and then opens the door. Just as he opens it, Carina, y/n and two unfamiliar women walk in. "Mr Bishop. Ciao." Carina says, he stares her down.

"Get the fuck away from my girls. If you ever come here again, I swear to god I'll kill you." I yell, tears streaming down my cheeks. He storms off.

Carina looks at me with sympathy in her eyes, before shutting and locking the door behind her. "I'm sorry" I say, she kisses me and says "don't be.".

She gives the women a tour of the house, before bringing them back to the kitchen where I'm making coffee. "Oh my god I forgot to introduce you. Maya, this is Gia and Gabi. My best friends from Italy. Gia and Gabi, this is my fiancé Maya".

I smile and shake their hands, "it's nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you guys." I say.  We talk for a while before carina and her friends go out to the balcony. Y/N turns to me and says "I'm sorry about your dad." 

"It's fine, Y/N. He won't be bothering us anymore." I respond.

Carinas POV 

"That was Mayas dad, he's terrible. He pushed her so hard as a Bambina to be successful as a runner. She won a gold medal in track and field, but she didn't want that. He's never been accepting of her being bisexual, he came to the fire station once and I walked in on a big argument. He broke my nose, but I got a good punch in too." I say to them. 

"Oh Car, I'm sorry. Maya seems so sweet, just a little intimidating on the outside." Gabi says. "She has a tough shell, but she's the most caring person I've ever met." I respond. "She seems very protective of you and y/n as well." Gia says. I smile, "very much so." I say. 

"So when's the wedding?" Gia asks a few moments later. I sigh, "we don't really know if we want a big ceremony. I wanted Andrea to walk me down the aisle, because my father is.. well.. my father. I don't know if I could do a big wedding without him.". 

Maya and y/n walk out onto the balcony with us. Maya sits on my lap, while y/n talks to my friends. I run my fingers through her short hair, whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Mayas phone rings, so she checks it. "It's my mom, I'll be right back." She says, getting off my lap and walking inside.

Mayas pov

"Hey Mom" I say, nervously answering the phone. "Your father told me you're getting married... I'm so proud of you Maya." She says, my heart sinks. "You know, I don't care who you love. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. He shouldn't have said those things to you, you don't deserve that May." She says. 

"Thank you Mom. I'm not sure if we're having a ceremony or not, but if we are you're welcome to come." I respond. I know my father would never let her. She sits in silence for a bit. I sigh and say "you know, carina offered to let you come stay here if you ever need to get out of the house. I know how dad is, and.." she cuts me off, "thank you dear. He's going to be home any minute now, I gotta go." She says.

"I love you mom. Text me or call me anytime, Car and I are here for you." I respond, tears welling in my eyes. "I love you too kid, bye now." She says before hanging up. 

Carina steps inside and wraps her arms around me. "She loves you, Bambina." Car says. "I know, I just hate that she's stuck there with him. I told her you said she's welcome anytime". "I meant it", carina responds. 

"I love you, Maya." She says. "I love you too Bella" I respond.