Chapter 5- A Weird Headache

(A/N: In the present, Rikki is 14 years old and kinda looks like the pic I have given here.)

Present Time

It's a beautiful morning in Salinas, California where the sunshine started to scatter everywhere in Rikki's room along with the chirping of birds and the soft sound made by the trees and flowers. In other words, it was silentpeaceful morning.

Rikki's POV

Rikki: *yawns* Oh my! I had such a good sleep last night. I could sleep forever! But I better get up now!

I saw my pet dog Nikki running towards me and bounces on my lap. I pat him and scratched his back.

"Hey Nikki! Today's Monday so I have to get ready. Uh! Monday is the only word I hate the most! I love Fridays! You know why? Because when I return after school on Friday, IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!" I raved, thinking about the weekend.

I stood up and went to brush my teeth. Then, I took a nice, warm shower and changed into my school uniform. Today's my first day of highschool, and I'm kinda excited and kinda sad too. Imagine how much homework I'm gonna get! It will take sometime for me to get used to it.

I raced out of my room and slided down the stairs railing. My mom saw me and threw my lunch at me. I hopped and grabbed it just in time. "Nice catch!" Mom said, giving me a thumbs up. I know, you must be thinking I'm a little bit crazy person to do this weird adventure thingy, which mostly kids do and end up getting hurt, but I do it everyday. I like being adventurous.

I ran towards the bus stop. "Oh shoot! I missed the bus again!" I groaned. Now, I have to walk to school. Ugh! This is another reason why I hate Mondays! Staying up all night on Sunday wasn't a good idea. Now I'm late! Oof, I gotta run!

I reached school just in time! Or so I thought. I ran through the hallways. "Where's my class? Where's my class?" I murmured to myself, as I looked around with searching eyes. Getting late and detention on the first day of hell, I mean, high school was certainly not a part of my plan.

My teacher had already started taking attendence. "Rikki Nightwolf."

.........

Everyone looked around to see where I was.

"Rikki Nightwolf!" my teacher repeated, a bit louder this time.

"Here I am!" I said, panting, as I hurriedly opened the door.

"You're late, Miss Nightwolf!" she said, sternly. I lowered my head, embarrassed.

"It's fine. Since it's the first day of highschool, I'm not giving you punishment. I'm you new teacher, Miss May. Make sure you don't repeat the same mistake again." she said in a manner as if she had done me a great favor by not punishing me. I quietly groaned to myself.

After School

I was about to leave when I suddenly remembered I left my chemistry book in my class by mistake. Oh no! Now, I have to run back to class to fetch it.

I sprinted through the hallways quickly, when suddenly, another pair of eyes met my sight. It was boy, about the same age as of me, with blue eyes and blonde hair. He looked liked in a hurry too, like me. But he was running in my opposite direction and so rapidly, that I only squinted his blue eyes. He seemed to look back at me. I don't know why but I felt different when I saw him. But nevermind, I shouldn't really care much about it, should I?

After I reached home, I went upstairs to my room, changed into my normal clothes and laid down on my bed.

Oww! My head is starting to hurt badly. What's happening with me?

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I again left you guys with a cliffhanger, didn't I? By the way, this cliffhanger is not only a cliffhanger, but also a big plot twist of this book, which you will find out about in chapter 7. Till then, stay tuned and answer this fun question.

Who do you think that blonde and blue-eyed boy was? How was he connected to Rikki? And the headache that Rikki got after returning from school, what was that all about?

Comment down below!