5. Pages

It only took fifteen minutes to walk home from school.

"I'm home!" I announced only to meet with silence.

I removed my bag and shoes, and headed to kitchen.

There was a note on the kitchen island. It said-

Nora , there was an emergency at the company. I had to leave. I won't be there for a month.
There's food in the fridge. Heat it first and have it. Look after the house and yourself.

                          -Mom

Ugh. Its gonna be a mess in here without mom...

...but

I have the house to myself .Yay!

I was in the middle of a victory dance when my phone dinged. I fished my phone out of my pocket to find a text message from Mia .

After replying to the texts I went to take a shower.

---------------------------------------------------------

It is one of my prized possessions , my father gave me. It is the only thing that reminds me of him after he passed away, a diary set.

I used to not write diaries. But when my father gave me the diary telling me to write whatever I feel in it , I started writing.I've been writing about everything in it ever since. I've never showed it to anyone and i'm not going to , because it has every fact , weakness and insecurities about me. I want nobody to find out about it. It makes me feel vulnerable.

The diary set has seven diaries in total and I've completed three of them.

I started writing about today. Every single bit of today. My first day of high school - new friends, past bullies , classes, nearby cafe and.....Lucas Prince.  

I don't remember when I zoned out. But all I could think about was him. His eyes , his inky black hair, his tattoos , his intimidating aura...

I should stop.

I had pasta for dinner and went to bed.

Even in my dreams , those blue eyes with yellow flecks haunted me.

_______________________________________