21. Chicken soup

After the incident with Harley, I haven't attended the classes. I've got a fever and I've been resting in my bed for hours. I feel hot all over and the headache I have right now is the worst.

I already informed my homeroom teacher and texted my friends about the fever.

"Ugh..when will this annoying headache go?" I massaged my temples, trying to reduce the ache.

I haven't had anything since last night. I'm starving.

I headed to the kitchen and started searching the fridge for ingredients. There's only a whole cabbage and milk- which i'm pretty sure is expired- in the fridge.

I groaned in frustration, closing the fridge door. Seems like I gotta go grocery shopping.

How I miss mom. If she was here she would've made me warm chicken soup.

I haven't told mom about my fever. I don't want her to worry. Besides, i'm pretty sure the fever will go in a day or two. I took my wallet and phone, and headed for the door. I was going to turn the doorknob when the doorbell rung.

Hmm. Who's here? Please don't be that one annoying neighbour.

I opened the door to find Lucas standing there, holding a few grocery bags in his hands.My eyes widened, not expecting him at all.

Why the hell is he here?!

"Hey there, cupcake. Mind letting me in? I can't hold these for too long" He lifted the grocery bags up.

I opened the doors wider for him to enter. He rushed to the kitchen, while I looked at him, confused.

I closed the door and reached the kitchen.

"It may not look like it, but these grocery bags are pretty heavy. Did they give me rocks or what?" Lucas mumbled, while placing the bags on the kitchen island.

"Go take a shower, I'll make something." Lucas turned his head to look at me.

I couldn't say anything in reply. Why is he doing this?

"I'm positive you haven't had a shower in a week. Maybe even more. So go take a shower. Or do you want me to do that for you?" Lucas leaned against the countertop, studying me with a smirk.

An involuntary blush creeped up to my cheeks.

I stuttered on absolutely nothing , making Lucas chuckle and turn back to the countertop, prepping the ingredients.

I ran to my room and took new clothes and towels, and headed to the bathroom, taking a cool shower.

---------------------------------------------------------

The shower soothed the ache in my body. Now I feel better.

After making myself look presentable, despite looking like a pig, I headed downstairs.

Woah-

"Sit down cupcake. Have this. This should be taken before breakfast. And this one after. There's this syrup too. You should have it before going to sleep-" Lucas was interrupted.

"How did you know I was sick?" I sat on one of the kitchen chair.

"I felt something was off ,you know. I got a weird feeling. And I ran over to check on you" he stated, while crossing his arms.

"What about these medicines then? Did you get them by accident?" I crossed my arms and gave him a look.

"Ugh. Fine. I asked your friends and they told me. Now take your medicine" he gave me a pill and a glass of water.

I took the medicine and looked at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Don't you have classes to attend?" I inquired.

"You know I don't pay attention to any of the classes, besides, Its a waste of time" Lucas stated while placing a bowl in front of me.

Chicken soup.

Just what I was craving for. I hid my smile.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, while taking a sip of the soup.

"Because you are my girlfriend" Lucas replied.

I did not expect that. We're not in a real relationship.

"You don't have to do this. I'm fine. You can go home now" I insisted.

"Not until you drink the whole bowl of soup, take the medicines and get enough rest" Lucas argued.

"But-" I started.

"No. I will go home after you do all that. Alright?" He sat opposite of me.

"..fine" I finally gave in and started having the soup.

After having the soup and medicines, I headed to my bedroom. Lucas stated that I should get some rest.

I climbed into my bed and covered myself with the blanket, already starting to feel sleepy.

Lucas entered my room with a spoon and a syrup bottle.

"Have two spoons of this before you sleep" he opened the bottle and poured the syrup onto the spoon.

"Now say Ah" he said with a silly grin on his face and brought the spoon towards my mouth.

I hesitantly opened my mouth and swallowed the syrup quickly.

Why does syrup always have to be so bitter?

"One more spoon" Lucas filled the spoon again and brought it to my mouth.

"I don't want anymo- mmp" Lucas fed me the second spoon of syrup quickly making it spill a little on my chin. The second spoonful was even more bitter than the first one.

"Good girl" Lucas patted my head.

I glared at him.

"Wait. I'll get you a tissue" Lucas placed the syrup bottle on the bedside table and left the room. He came back few minutes later and handed me the tissue. I took it and wiped the syrup off my face.

"I'm fine now. You can go" I stated.

"Do you want me out of here that bad?" Lucas chuckled, while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I didn't mean it like that- fine. Stay" I finally accepted which brought a rare smile to his face.

"Go to sleep now cupcake" he insisted to which I hummed in response.

With a sigh I closed my eyes and fell into a calm sleep.

I smiled in my sleep at the words Lucas uttered while he kissed my forehead.

"...Sleep tight, Nora"

_______________________________________