Chapter 4: Wednesday

Kelly sat on a bench on the playground the next day, seeming more sad than ever. "Kelly, you have GOT to tell what's the matter!" Grace exclaimed shaking her. "Samantha's mean." Kelly mumbled. "WHAT? NO SHE'S NOT!" Grace screamed. It was the loudest scream Kelly ever heard. "WHAT!? WHAT IS IT!?" Samantha screamed back. "Kelly says you're MEAN." Grace said, pointing at her. James, Lily, and Alexa all gasped in shock. But not Samantha. "Tattletale," she spat, "Tattletale. I didn't do that. You just wanna get your way." "Sounds like YOU'RE the mean one!" Lily yelled and stomped away angrily. Alexa muttered, "Yea. You're just jealous that WE actually LIKE Samantha and not YOU!" and stomped away with Lily. James and Samantha followed her. Kelly gasped. "Y-you.. never liked me... in the FIRST place!?" She screamed at Grace, surprised. "Uh, it's not what you think!" Grace yelled, "Um... I don't hate you!" Kelly stood up, crying. "YES YOU DO!!" She sobbed and whined, "BUT I HATE YOU TOO, AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! WAAAAH!!" She sniffed and wiped her nose on her sweater sleeve. It really WAS true. Grace was just trying to be nice, but she never really liked Kelly in the first place.