Chapter 8: The tornado

The next day, everyone was panicking. Mom and Dad gathered snacks from the pantry while Kelly and John got their pillows and blankets. Dad got bottled waters for everybody, and Mom got a bucket and toiletpaper. Eventually, severe lightning began to strike the beautiful city of Las Vegas, and a tornado was only a few miles away. The power went out just as the four got into the bathtub with everything. Everyone was hanging on to each other, on top of their pillows and blankets. Everyone was sobbing hysterically, and Kelly just couldn't help herself to a few pretzels. John ate some saltine crackers while Mom and Dad ate sea salt chips. Finally, lightning struck a tree right outside the Garcia's house, and everyone was screaming, panicking, and crying. The walls began to crack open, and 200 mile per hour winds crashed throughthehouse. "EVERYONE HANG ON!!!!!!'" Mom screamed. "DON'TPANICYOU'LLONLYMAKEITWORSE!!!!" Dad screamed at the others. "AHHHHHH!!" Everyone yelped. Lightning surrounded the house, and many people nearby were sobbing and panicking just like Kelly, John, Mom and Dad. And pretty soon... it was all over.

John and Dad were covered in black dirt and dust. "You ok, baby?" Dad asked John hugging him hard. "Yes..." John whined. "Where's Mama?" Dad looked around. Mom was underneath a pile of ripped up books and magazines. "Ohhh.." she moaned, struggling to get up, "where am I?" "You're okay..." John mumbled, relieved. "Where's your sister?" Dad asked John, continuing to panic. Mom's eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Oh my gosh KELLY!" Mom got up and began searching for Kelly, but she was nowhere to be found.

Finally, John found her under a tipped over desk. "KELLY!!!" He screamed. Kelly's throat was squished by the desk. "K-Kelly..." Mom said, beginning to cry. Dad and John started sniffing, too, and all of them hung their heads rather sadly. The ghost, watching from above, however, didn't think it could get any better than this. "Muahaha!" It sneered.

Suddenly, Grace appeared.

No, really. Grace appeared.

NO, REALLY! GRACE APPEARED!

The one and only Grace who never liked Kelly. The one and only Grace who betrayed Kelly. The one and only Grace who was technically rude to Kelly.

Immediately, Grace lifted the desk up, or at least she tried to. "Well? What're you waiting for? Help me!" She snapped. Mom, Dad, and John all lifted up the desk together. After that, they stared down at Kelly. "Kelly..." Grace said, beginning to cry. "She really does care.." Mom thought. Soon, Kelly opened her eyes, got up and said, "I... I survived!" Immediately, Grace, Mom, Dad and John all hugged her hard. "YOU'RE OKAY!!! YOU'RE OKAY YOU'RE OKAY YOU'RE OKAY!!!" They squealed. Finally, they let go, and Grace and Kelly looked at each other. "You... saved me?" Kelly asked in disbelief. "Um..." Grace blushed. "Yea..." Kelly stared at Grace. Then, she smiled. Grace smiled back. "Best friends?" Asked Grace. Kelly chuckled. "Best friends." They shook hands and laughed and laughed. While they were happy, the ghost who sent the tornado was not. "THEY'RE ALIVE?!!?!" He shrieked. Finally, he took deep breaths, and howled, "Nooooooooooo!!"